A. V. Chumaevskii, A. O. Panfilov, K. N. Kalashnikov, A. P. Zykova, T. A. Kalashnikova, A. V. Vorontsov, S. Yu. Nikonov, E. N. Moskvichev, V. M. Semenchuk, V. E. Rubtsov, E. A. Kolubaev
PRODUCTION OF METAL MATRIX COMPOSITES BASED ON ALUMINUM-MANGANESE BRONZE AND NICKEL ALLOYS BY WIRE‑FEED ELECTRON-BEAM ADDITIVE MANUFACTURING
Samples of composite materials based on BrAMts9-2 bronze with the introduction of the Udimet500 and Inconel625 nickel alloys were obtained by wire-feed electron-beam technology. The studies show that the structures of composites formed during printing, although fairly similar due to the same base of the alloys, have different features due to different combinations of alloying elements. The mechanical properties of the samples with the introduction of up to 15 % of the Udimet500 alloy are higher than those of the samples of the second material. With the introduction of 25 % of a nickel alloy, the strength is higher for the composite material samples with the introduction of the Inconel625 alloy. The microhardness of the samples with the introduction of 5 % of a nickel alloy is identical, the introduction of large volumes of a nickel alloy leads to the implementation of greater hardness in the samples with the introduction of the Inconel625 alloy due to the higher content of refractory materials. Relative elongation after rupture varies insignificantly for the samples of both types.
Acknowledgments: The study was supported by the Russian Science Foundation, project No. 22-19-00578. The equipment of the Nanotekh shared research facilities, ISPMS SB RAS, was used for the research.
Keywords: electron-bean additive manufacture, metal matrix composites, intermetallics, microstructure, mechanical properties
- DebRoy T., Wei H.L., Zuback J.S., Mukherjee T., Elmer J.W., Milewski J.O., Beese A.M., Wilson-Heid A., De A., Zhang W. Additive manufacturing of metallic components – Process, structure and properties. Progress in Materials Science, 2018, vol. 92, pp. 112–224. DOI: 10.1016/j.pmatsci.2017.10.001.
- Mukherjee T., Zuback J.S., De A., DebRoy T. Printability of alloys for additive manufacturing. Scientific Reports, 2016, vol. 6, pp. 19717. DOI: 10.1038/srep19717.
- Ghanavati R., Naffakh-Moosavy H. Additive manufacturing of functionally graded metallic materials: A review of experimental and numerical studies. Journal of Materials Research and Technology, 2021, vol. 13, pp. 1628–1664. DOI: 10.1016/j.jmrt.2021.05.022.
- Xu J., Zhou Q., Kong J., Peng Yong, Shun Guo, Jun Zhu, Fan Jikang. Solidification behavior and microstructure of Ti-(37−52) at% Al alloys synthesized in situ via dual-wire electron beam freeform fabrication. Additive Manufacturing, 2020, vol. 46, pp. 102113. DOI: 10.1016/J.ADDMA.2021.102113.
- Osipovich K.S., Chumaevskii A., Gusarova A.V., Kalashnikov K.N., Kolubaev Evgeny A. Mechanical properties of steel-copper polymetal manufactured by the wire-feed electron-beam additive technology. High Temperature Material Processes, 2020, vol. 24, pp. 91–98. DOI: 10.1615/HighTempMatProc.2020033790.
- Afkhami S., Dabiri M., Alavi S.H., Björk T., Salminen A. Fatigue characteristics of steels manufactured by selective laser melting. International Journal of Fatigue, 2019, vol. 122, pp. 72–83. DOI: 10.1016/J.IJFATIGUE.2018.12.029.
- Filippov A.V., Khoroshko E.S., Shamarin N.N., Savchenko N.L., Moskvichev E.N., Utyaganova V.R., Kolubaev E.A., Smolin A.Y., Tarasov S.Y. Characterization of gradient CuAl–B4C composites additively manufactured using a combination of wire-feed and powder-bed electron beam deposition methods. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 202, vol. 859, pp. 157824. DOI: 10.1016/j.jallcom.2020.157824.
- Thijs L., Verhaeghe F., Craeghs T., Humbeeck J.V., Kruth J.-P. A study of the microstructural evolution during selective laser melting of Ti-6Al-4V. Acta Materialia, 2010, vol. 58 (9), pp. 3303–3312. DOI: 10.1016/J.ACTAMAT.2010.02.004.
- Martin J.H., Yahata B.D., Hundley J.M., Mayer J.A., Schaedler T.A., Pollock T.M. 3D printing of high-strength aluminium alloys. Nature, 2017, vol. 549 (7672), pp. 365–369. DOI: 10.1038/nature23894.
- Pu Ze, Dong Du, Wang Kaiming, Liu Guan, Zhang Dongqi, Zhang Haoyu, Xi Rui, Wang Xiebin, Chang Baohua. Study on the NiTi shape memory alloys in-situ synthesized by dual-wire-feed electron beam additive manufacturing. Additive Manufacturing, 2022, vol. 26, pp. 102886. DOI: 10.1016/j.addma.2022.102886.
- Chumaevskii A.V., Panfilov A.O., Knyazhev E.O., Zykova A.P., Gusarova A.V., Kalashnikov K.N., Vorontsov A.V., Savchenko N.L., Nikonov S.Y., Cheremnov A.M., Rubtsov V.E., Kolubaev E.A. Production of Gradient Intermetallic Layers Based on Aluminum Alloy and Copper by Electron–beam Additive Technology. Diagnostics, Resource and Mechanics of materials and structures, 2021, pp. 19–31. DOI: 10.17804/2410-9908.2021.6.019-031. Available at: https://dream-journal.org/issues/2021-6/2021-6_342.html
- Astafurova E.G., Astafurov S.V., Reunova K.A., Melnikov E.V., Moskvina V.A., Panchenko M.Yu., Maier G.G., Rubtsov V.E., Kolubaev E.A. Structure Formation in Vanadium-Alloyed Chromium-Manganese Steel with a High Concentration of Interstitial Atoms C + N = 1.9 wt % during Electron-Beam Additive Manufacturing. Phys Mesomech, 2022, vol. 25, No. 1., pp. 1–11. DOI: 10.1134/S1029959922010015.
Production of Metal Matrix Composites Based on Aluminum-Manganese Bronze and Nickel Alloys by Wire‑feed Electron-Beam Additive Manufacturing / A. V. Chumaevskii, A. O. Panfilov, K. N. Kalashnikov, A. P. Zykova, T. A. Kalashnikova, A. V. Vorontsov, S. Yu. Nikonov, E. N. Moskvichev, V. M. Semenchuk, V. E. Rubtsov, E. A. Kolubaev // Diagnostics, Resource and Mechanics of materials and structures. -
2022. - Iss. 6. - P. 65-75. -
DOI: 10.17804/2410-9908.2022.6.065-075. -