A. V. Chumaevskii, N. N. Shamarin, A. O. Panfilov, A. P. Zykova, A. V. Filippov, E. N. Moskvichev, V. E. Rubtsov, E. A. Kolubaev
OBTAINING A STEEL-BASED METAL MATRIX COMPOSITE BY WIRE-FEED ADDITIVE ELECTRON BEAM MANUFACTURING WITH THE INTRODUCTION OF TUNGSTEN POWDER
Wire-feed electron-beam additive technology is used to produce samples of a composite material based on the 40Cr9Si2 steel by additionally introducing tungsten powder during printing. Controlling the feed of wire and powder makes it possible to form composite structures in the surface layers of the samples while maintaining the sample bulks with high strength and plasticity.
The content of tungsten in the surface layer increases smoothly. This has a positive effect on the structure of the samples and prevents cracking or delamination at the boundary between the base metal and the surface layer. The tensile strength of the layers decreases with the introduction of tungsten in comparison with the bulk of the sample. In this case, the surface layers are characterized by a multiple increase in wear resistance, especially at elevated test temperatures.
Acknowledgments: This work was carried out within the framework of a grant from the President of the Russian Federation for the state support of leading scientific schools, No. NSh-1174.2022.4, and the state as-signment for the ISPMS SB RAS, subject number FWRW-2022-0004. The equipment of the Nanotekh shared research facilities, ISPMS SB RAS, was used for the research.
Keywords: electron-beam additive manufacturing, steel–tungsten composite, microstructure, mechanical proper-ties, friction and wear
- Chumaevskii A.V., Panfilov A.O., Knyazhev E.O., Zykova A.P., Gusarova A.V., Kalashnikov K.N., Vorontsov A.V., Savchenko N.L., Nikonov S.Y., Cheremnov A.M., Rubtsov V.E., Kolubaev E.A. Production of Gradient Intermetallic Layers Based on Aluminum Alloy and Copper by Electron–beam Additive Technology. Diagnostics, Resource and Mechanics of materials and structures, 2021, pp. 19–31. DOI: 10.17804/2410-9908.2021.6.019-031. Available at: https://dream-journal.org/issues/2021-6/2021-6_342.html
- Pu Ze, Dong Du, Wang Kaiming, Liu Guan, Zhang Dongqi, Zhang Haoyu, Xi Rui, Wang Xiebin, Chang Baohua. Study on the NiTi shape memory alloys in-situ synthesized by dual-wire-feed electron beam additive manufacturing. Additive Manufacturing, 2022, vol. 26, pp. 102886. DOI: 10.1016/j.addma.2022.102886.
- Osipovich K.S., Chumaevskii A., Gusarova A.V., Kalashnikov K.N., Kolubaev Evgeny A. Mechanical properties of steel-copper polymetal manufactured by the wire-feed electron-beam additive technology. High Temperature Material Processes, 2020, vol. 24, pp. 91–98. DOI: 10.1615/HighTempMatProc.2020033790.
- Zykova A., Chumaevskii A., Vorontsov A., Kalashnikov K., Gurianov D., Gusarova A., Kolubaev E.A. Evolution of microstructure and properties of Fe-Cu, manufactured by electron beam additive manufacturing with subsequent friction stir processing. Materials Letters, 2022, vol. 307, pp. 131023. DOI: 10.1016/j.matlet.2021.131023.
- Martin J.H., Yahata B.D., Hundley J.M., Mayer J.A., Schaedler T.A., Pollock T.M. 3D printing of high-strength aluminium alloys. Nature, 2017, vol. 549 (7672), pp. 365–369. DOI: 10.1038/nature23894.
- Ghanavati R., Naffakh-Moosavy H. Additive manufacturing of functionally graded metallic materials: A review of experimental and numerical studies. Journal of Materials Research and Technology, 2021, vol. 13, pp. 1628–1664. DOI: 10.1016/j.jmrt.2021.05.022.
- Panfilov A.O., Knyazhev E.O., Kalashnikova T.A., Kalashnikov K.N., Chumaevskii A.V., and Nikonov S.Yu. Manufacturing of Cu-Ni and Fe-Cu-Ni polymetallic materials by the electron-beam additive technology. AIP Conference Proceedings, 2020, vol. 2310, pp. 020242. DOI: 10.1063/5.0034751.
- Xu J., Zhou Q., Kong J., Peng Yong, Shun Guo, Jun Zhu, Fan Jikang. Solidification behavior and microstructure of Ti-(37−52) at% Al alloys synthesized in situ via dual-wire electron beam freeform fabrication. Additive Manufacturing, 2020, vol. 46, pp. 102113. DOI: 10.1016/J.ADDMA.2021.102113.
- Astafurova E.G., Astafurov S.V., Reunova K.A., Melnikov E.V., Moskvina V.A., Panchenko M.Yu., Maier G.G., Rubtsov V.E., Kolubaev E.A. Structure Formation in Vanadium-Alloyed Chromium-Manganese Steel with a High Concentration of Interstitial Atoms C+N=1.9 wt % during Electron-Beam Additive Manufacturing. Phys Mesomech, 2022, vol. 25, pp. 1–11. DOI: 10.1134/S1029959922010015.
- Filippov A.V., Khoroshko E.S., Shamarin N.N., Savchenko N.L., Moskvichev E.N., Utyaganova V.R., Kolubaev E.A., Smolin A.Y., Tarasov S.Y. Characterization of gradient CuAl–B4C composites additively manufactured using a combination of wire-feed and powder-bed electron beam deposition methods. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 202, vol. 859, pp. 157824. DOI: 10.1016/j.jallcom.2020.157824.
Obtaining a Steel-Based Metal Matrix Composite by Wire-Feed Additive Electron Beam Manufacturing with the Introduction of Tungsten Powder / A. V. Chumaevskii, N. N. Shamarin, A. O. Panfilov, A. P. Zykova, A. V. Filippov, E. N. Moskvichev, V. E. Rubtsov, E. A. Kolubaev // Diagnostics, Resource and Mechanics of materials and structures. -
2022. - Iss. 6. - P. 76-85. -
DOI: 10.17804/2410-9908.2022.6.076-085. -