N. N. Soboleva, N. A. Davydova, A. V. Makarov
THE EFFECT OF THE MULTIPLICITY OF FRICTIONAL ACTION ON THE MICROMECHANICAL PROPERTIES OF NiCrBSi-COATINGS
The paper investigates the effect of the number of passes (1 or 2) of an indenter made of fine cubic boron nitride during friction treatment of PG-SR2 and PG-10N-01 NiCrBSi-coatings on the micromechanical properties of their surface layers. The friction treatment of the coating surface under all the process conditions studied, in comparison with the initial polished state, increases the strength characteristics of the coating surface layer and the parameters indicating the resistance of the material surface to elastic-plastic deformation. The effect of the number of indenter passes during surface friction treatment on the strength characteristics is found to be more significant for the softer and more ductile PG-SR2 coating than for the PG-10N-01 coating. This is attributed to the higher strain hardenability of the former.
Acknowledgments: The work was performed according to the state assignments for the IES UB RAS, theme No. AAAA-A18-118020790148-1, and for the IMP UB RAS, theme No. AAAA-A18-118020190116-6. The experimental research was performed in the Plastometriya shared research facilities of the IES UB RAS.
Keywords: laser cladding, NiCrBSi-coatings, friction treatment, micromechanical properties
- Kazamer N., Muntean R., Valiant P.C., Pascal D.T., Mărginean G., Șerban V.-A. Comparison of Ni-Based Self-Fluxing Remelted Coatings for Wear and Corrosion Applications. Materials, 2021, vol. 14, No. 12, 3293. DOI: 10.3390/ma14123293.
- Liu X., Hu K., Zhang S., Xu T., Chen L., Byon E., Liu D. Study of KCl-induced hot corrosion behavior of high velocity oxy-fuel sprayed NiCrAlY and NiCrBSi coatings deposited on 12CrMoV boiler steel at 700 ℃. Corrosion Science, 2022, vol. 203, 110351. DOI: 10.1016/j.corsci.2022.110351.
- Kalyankar V.D., Wanare S.P. Comparative Investigations on Microstructure and Slurry Abrasive Wear Resistance of NiCrBSi and NiCrBSi-WC Composite Hardfacings Deposited on 304 Stainless Steel. Tribology in Industry, 2022, vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 199–211. DOI: 10.24874/ti.1075.03.21.05.
- Soboleva N.N., Makarov A.V. Effect of Conditions of High-Temperature Treatment on the Structure and Tribological Properties of Nickel-Based Laser-Clad Coating. Russian Journal of Non-Ferrous Metals, 2021, vol. 62, pp. 682–691. DOI: 10.3103/S1067821221060183.
- Li W., Li J., Xu Y. Optimization of Corrosion Wear Resistance of the NiCrBSi Laser-Clad Coatings Fabricated on Ti6Al4V. Coatings, 2021, vol. 11, No. 8, 960. DOI: 10.3390/coatings11080960.
- Li C., Zhang Q., Wang F., Deng P., Lu Q., Zhang Y., Li S., Ma P., Li W., Wang Y. Microstructure and wear behaviors of WC-Ni coatings fabricated by laser cladding under high frequency micro-vibration. Applied Surface Science, 2019, vol. 485, pp. 513–519. DOI: 10.1016/j.apsusc.2019.04.245.
- Singh R., Kumar D., Mishra S.K., Tiwari S.K. Laser cladding of Stellite 6 on stainless steel to enhance solid particle erosion and cavitation resistance. Surface and Coatings Technology, 2014, vol. 351, pp. 87–97. DOI: 10.1016/j.surfcoat.2014.04.008.
- Chaudhari A., Awale A.S., Yusufzai M.Z.K., Vashista M. Effect of Grinding Environments on Magnetic Response of AISI D2 Tool Steel. Russian Journal of Non-destructive Testing, 2021, vol. 57, No. 3, pp. 212–221. DOI: 10.1134/S1061830921030062.
- Makarov A.V., Soboleva N.N., Savrai R.A., Malygina I.Yu. Improving the micromechanical properties and wear resistance of nickel-chromium laser clad coating using finishing frictional theatment. Vektor nauki Tol'yattinskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta, 2015, No. 4, pp. 60–67. (In Russian). DOI: 10.18323/2073-5073-2015-4-60-67.
- Soboleva N.N., Makarov A.V., Malygina I.Y., Savrai R.A. Wear resistance of a laser-clad NiCrBSi coating hardened by frictional finishing. AIP Conference Proceedings, 2016, vol. 1785, 030028. DOI: 10.1063/1.4967049.
- Makarov A.V., Soboleva N.N., Malygina I.Y. Thermal stability of a laser-clad NiCrBSi coating hardened by frictional finishing. AIP Conference Proceedings, 2017, vol. 1915, 030012. DOI: 10.1063/1.5017332.
- Soboleva N.N., Makarov A.V., Malygina I.Yu. Method of hardening nickel-chrome-boron-silicon coating on metal. Patent RF 2709550. 2019.
- Xuan H.-F., Wang Q.-Y., Bai S.-L., Liu Z.-D., Sun H.-G., Yan P.-C. A study on microstructure and flame erosion mechanism of a graded Ni–Cr–B–Si coating prepared by laser cladding. Surface and Coatings Technology, 2014, vol. 244, pp. 203–209. DOI: 10.1016/j.surfcoat.2014.02.021.
- Smirnov S.V., Veretennikova I.A., Smirnova E.O., Pestov A.V. Estimating the effect of fillers on the mechanical properties of epoxy glue coatings by microindentation. Diagnostics, Resource and Mechanics of materials and structures, 2017, iss. 6, pp. 103–111. DOI: 10.17804/2410-9908.2017.6.103-111. Available at: http://dream-journal.org/DREAM_Issue_6_2017_Smirnov_S.V._et_al._103_111.pdf
- ISO 14577–1:2002. Metallic materials Instrumented indentation test for hardness and materials parameters. Test method: part 1, 2002.
- Oliver W.C., Pharr J.M. Improved technique for determining hardness and elastic modulus using load and displacement sensing indentation experiments. Journal of Materials Research, 1992, vol. 7, iss. 6, pp. 1564–1583.
- Page T.F., Hainsworth S.V. Using nanoindentation techniques for the characterization of coated systems: a critique. Surface and Coatings Technology, 1993, vol. 61, No. 1–3, pp. 201–208. DOI: 10.1016/0257-8972(93)90226-E.
- Cheng Y.T., Cheng C.M. Relationships between hardness, elastic modulus and the work of indentation. Applied Physics Letters, 1998, vol. 73, No. 5, pp. 614–618. DOI: 10.1063/1.121873.
- Petrzhik M.I., Filonov M.R., Pecherkin K.A., Levashov E.A., Olesova V.N., Pozdeev A.I. Wear resistance and mechanical properties of medical alloys. Izvestiya Vysshikh Uchebnykh Zavedenij. Tsvetnaya Metallurgiya, 2005, No. 6, pp. 62–69. (In Russian).
- Petrzhik M.I., Levashov E.A. Modern methods for investigating functional surfaces of advanced materials by mechanical contact testing. Crystallography Reports, 2007, vol. 52, No. 6, pp. 966–974. DOI: 10.1134/S1063774507060065.
- Firstov S.A., Gorban V.F., Pechkovsky E.P. New methodological opportunities of modern materials mechanical properties definition by the automatic indentation method. Nauka ta іnnovacії, 2010, vol. 6, No 5, pp. 7–18. (In Russian). DOI: 10.15407/scin6.05.07.
Soboleva N. N., Davydova N. A., Makarov A. V. The Effect of the Multiplicity of Frictional Action on the Micromechanical Properties of Nicrbsi-Coatings // Diagnostics, Resource and Mechanics of materials and structures. -
2022. - Iss. 5. - P. 50-59. -
DOI: 10.17804/2410-9908.2022.5.050-059. -