Yu. N. Dragoshanskii, V. I. Pudov
MAGNETICALLY ACTIVE COATINGS FOR ELECTRICAL MATERIALS
The prospects of using nitride-oxide and magnesium phosphate electrical insulating coatings on thin strips of magnetically soft alloys based on silicon iron are considered. X-ray diffraction topography, powder figures, and magnetic measurements have shown that coatings create uniformly distributed tensile stresses in materials, increase uniaxial magnetic anisotropy, and reduce the volume of transversely magnetized domains and the width of longitudinally magnetized ones. This increases magnetic permeability and significantly decreases the coercive force, as well as eddy-current and total (by 20–25 %) magnetic losses. Tensile (magnetically active) coatings enhance the effect of subsequent thermomagnetic treatment of alloys.
Acknowledgments: The work was performed under a state assignment from the Russian Ministry of Education and Science, themes Magnet, No. 122021000034-9, and Diagnostics, No. 122021000030-1.
Keywords: Fe-3%Si anisotropic alloy, crystal structure, coating, domains, magnetic properties
- GOST 21427.1–83. Steel electrical cold-rolled anisotropic sheet. Moscow, Standards Publ., 1983, 17 p.
- Puzhevich R.B., Tsyrlin M.B., Korzunin G.S. Influence of electrical insulating coatings on the properties of anisotropic electrical steel. FMM, 2006, vol. 102, pp. 366–375. DOI: 10.1134/S0031918X06100048.
- Dragoshanskii Yu.N., Pudov V.I. Optimization by deformation effects of the structure and properties of Fe-Si alloys with different texture. Letters on Materials, 2018, 8 (1), pp. 66–70. DOI: 10.22226/2410-3535-2018-1-66-70. (In Russian).
- Dragoshanskii Yu.N., Korzunin G.S., Mel'nikov M.B., Pyatygin A.I., Chistyakov V.K. Effect of tensile stresses on the magnetic characteristics of modern anisotropic electrical-sheet steel. The Physics of Metals and Metallography, 2006, vol. 101, No. 4, pp. 329–335. DOI: 10.1134/S0031918X06040041.
- Hubert Alex, Schäfer Rudolf. Magnetic domains, Berlin, Heidelberg, Springer, 1998, 686 p.
- Khanzhina T.A., Bamburov V.G., Dragoshansky Yu.N., Vlasova Z.N., Bescherevnykh I.V., Alekseev V.A. A solution for applying an electrically insulating coating on steel and a method for obtaining it. SU Patent 1608243, 1990.
- Zaikova V.A., Startseva I.E., and Filippov B.N. Domennaya struktura i magnitnye svoistva elektrotekhnicheskikh stalei [Domain Structure and Magnetic Properties of Electric Steels]. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 1992. (In Russian).
- Shur Ya.Sh., Startseva I.E., Shulika V.V. The method of thermomagnetic processing of magnetically soft materials. SU Author's certificate 566886, 1977.
- Dragoshansky Yu.N., Pudov V.I., Karenina L.S. Optimizing the domains and reducing the magnetic losses of electrical steel via active coating and laser treatment. Bulletin of the Russian Academy of Sciences, ser. Physics, 2013, 77 (10), pp. 1286–1288. DOI: 10.3103/S1062873813100080.
- Jensen E.D., Mele A., Reiche R., Schneider M., Stir O. Electrical sheet steel with a coating that improves electrical insulation and a method for its production. RF Patent 2635501, 2017.
Dragoshanskii Yu. N., Pudov V. I. Magnetically Active Coatings for Electrical Materials // Diagnostics, Resource and Mechanics of materials and structures. -
2022. - Iss. 5. - P. 6-14. -
DOI: 10.17804/2410-9908.2022.5.006-014. -