B. N. Guzanov, N. B. Pugacheva, T. M. Bykova
EROSION RESISTANCE OF A COMBINED MULTILAYER COATING PROTECTING CRITICAL PARTS OF MODERN GAS TURBINE ENGINES
Comprehensive studies of the chemical composition, microstructure, and thickness
of a combined multilayer coating on a heat-resistant nickel alloy are presented. The distribution pattern of chemical elements over the coating thickness for all the layers, namely the inner aluminosilicated layer, the plasma sublayer, and the outer heat-insulating layer, has been established. Surface roughness was determined at all the stages of coating application and after testing.
The results of comparative tests of corrosion-erosion resistance and resistance to burn-through of a diffusion aluminosilicide coating, a two-layer heat-insulating coating, and a combined multilayer coating are presented. High heat-shielding properties of a combined multilayer coating on a heat-resistant nickel alloy have been discovered.
Acknowledgements: The research used the facilities of the Plastometriya shared access center at the IES UB RAS. It was performed according to the state assignment on theme No. AAAA-A18-118020790145-0.
Keywords: steel, coating, microstructure, roughness, microhardness, erosion resistance
- Babkin V.I., Tskhovrebov M.M., Solonin V.I., Lanshin A.I. Development of aviation gas turbine engines and the creation of unique technologies. Engine, 2013, No. 2 (86), pp. 2–7. (In Russian).
- Guzanov B.N., Kositsyn S.V., Pugacheva N.B. Uprochnyayushchie zashchitnye pokrytiya v mashinostroenii [Reinforcing Protective Coatings in Mechanical Engineering]. Yekaterinburg, Ural Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences Publ., 2004, 244 p. ISBN: 5-7691-1405-3. (In Russian).
- Kositsyn S.V. Splavy i pokrytiya na osnove monoaluminida nikelya [Alloys and Coatings Based on Nickel Monoaluminide]. Ekaterinburg, UrO RAN Publ., 2008, 377 p. (In Russian).
- Muboyadzhan S.A., Lesnikov V.P., Kuznetsov V.P. Kompleksnye zashchitnye pokrytiya turbinnykh lopatok aviatsionnykh GTD [Complex protective coatings for turbine blades of aircraft GTE]. Ekaterinburg, Izd. “Kvist” Publ., 2008, 208 p. ISBN: 5-900474-60-7. (In Russian).
- Movchan B.A., Malashenko I.S. Zharostoykie pokrytiya, osazhdaemye v vakuume [Vacuum-Deposited Heat-Resistant Coatings]. Kiev, Naukova Dumka Publ., 1983, 232 p.
- Budinovsky S.А., Muboyadzhyan S.A., Gayamov A.M., Matveev P.V. Development of Ion-Plasma Refractory Metallic Layers of Heat-Insulating Coatings for Cooled Turbine Rotor Blades. Metal Science and Heat Treatment, 2014, vol. 55, pp. 652–657. DOI: 10.1007/s11041-014-9684-2.
- Tarasenko Yu.P., Tsareva N.N., Berdnik O.B. The structure and physical-mechanical properties of the heat-resistant Ni-Co-Cr-Al-Y intermetallic coating obtained using rebuilt plasma equipment. Thermophysics and Aeromechanics, 2014, vol. 21, No. 5, pp. 641–650. DOI: 10.1134/S0869864314050138.
- Pugacheva N.B., Mazaeva E.S. Protective properties of high-temperature combined coatings. Fizika i Khimiya Obrabotki Materialov, 2001, No. 4, pp. 82– 89.
- Guzanov B.N., Obabkov N.V., Migacheva G.N. Development and research of multi-layer composite coatings high temperature. Sciences of Europe, 2017, No. 16 (16), pp. 261–26.
- Sivakumar R., Mordike B.L. High temperature coatings for gas turbine blades: a review. Surface and Coatings Technology, 1989, vol. 37, No. 2, pp. 139–160. DOI: 10.1016/0257-8972(89)90099-6.
- Guzanov B.N., Kositsin S.V., Salamatov E.S. Laser treatment of heat-resistant protective coatings. Protective Coatings on Metals, 1990, No. 24, pp. 76–80.
- Matveev P.V., Budinovskiy S.A. Influence of vacuum annealing on structure of ion-plasma coatings made with double aluminizing technology. Proceedings of VIAM, 2016, No. 3 (39), pp. 8. DOI: 10.18577 / 2307-6046-2016-0-3-8-8. (In Russian).
- Kadyrmetov A.M. Research of plasma spray application and strengthening of coatings and ways of quality management of plasma coatings. Scientific journal KuBGAU, 2012, No. 81 (7), pp. 1–18. (In Russian).
- Pugacheva N.B. Modern trends in the development of heat-resistant coatings based on iron, nickel and cobalt aluminides. Diagnostics, Resource and Mechanics of Materials and Structures, 2015, No. 3, pp. 51–82. DOI: 10.17804 / 2410-9908.2015.3.051-082.
- Stecura S. Optimization of the NiCrAl-Y/ZrO-Y2O3 thermal barrier system. NASA Technical Memorandum, NASA/TM-86905, 1985, 26 p. Available at: https://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19850007569.pdf (24.01.2019).
- Hille T.S., Turteltaub S., Suiker A.S.J. Oxide growth and damage evolution in thermal barrier coatings. Engineering Fracture Mechanics, 2011, No. 78, iss. 9, pp. 2139–2152. DOI: 10.1016/j.engfracmech.2011.04.003.
- Zhu D., Miller R.A. Thermal Conductivity and Sintering Behavior of Advanced Thermal Barrier Coatings. NASA / TM-2002-211481, 2002, 15 p.
- Lesnikov V.P., Kuznetsov V.P., Konakova I.P., Moroz E.V. Design of integrated protective coatings for single-crystal turbine blades modern cooled GTE. Bulletin of the Samara State Aerospace University, 2012, No. 3–1 (34), pp. 211–215. DOI: 10.18287/2541-7533-2012-0-3-1(34)-211-216. (In Russian).
- Guzanov B.N., Pugacheva N.B., Alekseev V.D., Slukin E.Yu. Features of creating combined heat-resistant coatings for high-temperature parts. Bulletin PNRPU. Mechanical engineering, materials science, 2020, vol. 22, No 3, pp. 12–19. DOI: 10.15593/2224-9877/ 2020.3.02. (In Russian).
- Guzanov B.N., Pugacheva N.B., Slukin E.Yu., Bykova T.M. Technology of obtaining composite conglomerate powders for plasma spraying of high-temperature protective coatings. Obrabotka metallov (tekhnologiya, oborudovanie, instrumenty) - Metal Working and Material Science, 2021, vol. 23, No 1, pp. 6–20. DOI: 10.17212/1994-6309-2021-23.1-6-20. (In Russian).
- Lepesh G.V., Moiseev E.N. Assessment of methods for protecting the metal surface from high-temperature erosion. Technical and technological problems of service, 2017, No. 3 (41), pp. 20–31. (In Russian).
- Markova T.V., Kryzhanovskaya I.M. Sherokhovatost' poverkhnostey: Metodicheskie ukazaniya [Roughness of surfaces: Methodology instructions]. St. Petersburg, Izd-vo SPbGTU Publ., 2006, 32 p. (In Russian).
Guzanov B. N., Pugacheva N. B., Bykova T. M. Erosion Resistance of a Combined Multilayer Coating Protecting Critical Parts of Modern Gas Turbine Engines [Electronic resource]
// Diagnostics, Resource and Mechanics of materials and structures. -
2021. - Iss. 2. - P. 6-21. -
DOI: 10.17804/2410-9908.2021.2.006-021. -