A. S. Shleenkov, O. A. Bulychev, S. A. Shleenkov, D. V. Novgorodov
THE UMD-101MK FLAW DETECTION EQUIPMENT FOR AUTOMATED MAGNETIC INSPECTION OF ELECTRICALLY WELDED SMALL AND MEDIUM PIPES OVER THE ENTIRE WALL THICKNESS AND PERIMETER
In this paper, a multichannel magnetoresistive signal measurement and processing system for a magnetic flaw detector is developed and investigated. On this basis, a new compact flaw detection complex is created and implemented in industry for automated continuous magnetic monitoring and identification of defects in small- and medium-diameter electrowelded pipes during production over the entire wall thickness, i.e. the entire volume. The optimal structural scheme and the distinctive features of the new automated device meeting modern requirements are considered. It is shown that the use of computer technology and high-resolution thin-film matrix transducers produced according to the advanced technology of manufacturing AMRD sensors significantly increases the functionality of the flaw detector and provides detection of not only metal discontinuities and edge shifts, but also defects caused by the violation of welding conditions, e.g. cracks, fistulas, burns or adhesion of edges in the weld area. The system based on single-chip thin-film matrix transducers of the new generation is highly sensitive and makes it possible to detect both surface and bulk defects in a contactless manner with a large gap and high speed.
Acknowledgements: The work was performed under the state assignment from FASO Russia, theme
Diagnostics No. AAAA-A18-118020690196-3.
Keywords: electrically welded pipes, magnetic inspection, combined magnetization system, thin-film matrix magnetic transducers, surface and volume defects, non-contact scanning, rejection
1. Pashkov Yu.I. Problemy prochnosti, razrusheniya i resursa trub i truboprovodov: tematicheskiy sbornik nauchnykh trudov OAO «RosNITI» [Thematic Collection of Papers of RosNITI OJSC]. Chelyabinsk, 2001, pp. 58–79. (In Russian).
2. Fedosenko Yu.K. Electromagnetic automated flaw detection inspection of pipes of a wide range of diameters and steel grades. Kontrol'. Diagnostika, 2001, no. 5, pp. 25–28. (In Russian).
3. Available at: www.kropus.com (accessed 28.12.2019).
4. Shleenkov A.S., Bulychev O.A., Shleenkov S.A. The UMD-101M plant for automated bulk magnetic nondestructive testing of quality of electric-welded pipes. Russian Journal of Nondestructive Testing, 2008, vol. 44, pp. 574–578.DOI: 10.1134/S106183090808010X.
5. Bulychev O.A., Shleenkov S.A., Seniv V.M., Shleenkov A.S., Polezhaev L.A. The UMD-104M device for testing reusable oil-well tubing. Russian Journal of Nondestructive Testing, 2015, vol. 51, pp. 661–668. DOI: 10.1134/S1061830915110029.
6. Available at: www.mac-ndt.com
7. Available at: www.foerster.ru
8. Available at: www.nov.com/tuboscope (accessed 28.12.2019).
9. Available at: www.GEInspectionTechnologies.com (accessed 28.12.2019).
10. Bulychev O.A. Magnetoresistive converter to read information from magnetic carriers, RF Patent 2175455, 2001. (In Russian).
11. Bulychev O.A., Shleenkov A.S. Two-component matrix converter of magnetic field, RF Patent 2290654, 2006. (In Russian).
12. Shleenkov A.S. Development of array transducers of magnetic field with regard to nondestructive check of ferromagnetic articles and welded joints. Doctoral (Tech.) Dissertation, IFM UrO RAN, Ekaterinburg, 1998. (In Russian).
13. Shleenkov A.S., Bulychev O.A., Lyadova N.M., Shcherbinin V.E., and Bychkov V.G. Estimating the possibility of the magnetic detection of microflaws in weld seams of longitudinal electric-welded pipes manufactured by butt high-frequency welding. Russ. J. Nondestr. Test., 2010, vol. 46, no. 2, pp. 92–97. DOI: 10.1134/S1061830910020038.14. Bulychev O.A., Shleenkov S.A., Shleenkov A.S. Multichannel magnetoresistive magnetic inspection system for seamless thick-walled pipes. Defektoskopiya, 2018, no. 10, pp 58–63. Available at: http://defectoskopiya.ru/index (accessed 28.12.2019). (In Russian).