D. K. Orlova, T. I. Chashchukhina, L. M. Voronova, M. V. Degtyarev, Yu. G. Krasnoperova
EFFECT OF IMPURITIES ON DYNAMIC RECRYSTALLIZATION IN COPPER DEFORMED IN BRIDGMAN ANVILS
The structure of copper with a various content of impurities (0.01, 0.03, and 0.1 wt %) is studied after high pressure torsion at room temperature. It is shown that the content of impurities does not affect the true strain (e = 2) required for the onset of dynamic recrystallization (DR). It has been revealed that the temperature–strain-rate conditions (lnZ), which were the same for copper of various purity, are responsible for the degree of the dynamic recrystallization completeness and the respective type of the formed structure. The correspondence between the range of lnZ and the structure type formed during deformation has been established. Impurity dragging prevents grain growth upon postdynamic recrystallization and ensures the formation of a more dimensionally uniform structure at the stage of partial DR. At the stage of developed DR, the content of impurities in copper does not affect the grain size.
Keywords: severe plastic deformation, copper, temperature-compensated strain rate, dynamic recrystallization, postdynamic recrystallization, structure
- Valiev R.Z., Aleksandrov I.V. Nanostrukturnye materialy, poluchennye intensivnoi plasticheskoi deformatsiei [Nanostructured Materials Produced by Severe Plastic Deformation]. Moscow, Logos Publ., 2000, 272p. (In Russian).
- Andrievskiy R.A., Glezer A.M. Size effects in nanocrystalline materials: II. Mechanical and physical properties. Physics of Metals and Metallography, 2000, vol. 89, iss. 1, pp. 83–102.
- Teplov V.A., Pilyugin V.P., Taluts G.G. Formation of dissipative structures and phase transitions in iron alloys upon shear under pressure. Izvestiya RAN. Metally, 1992, no. 2, pp. 109–115. (In Russian).
- Noskova N.I., Mulyukov R.R. Submikrokristallicheskie i nanokristallicheskie metally i splavy [Submicrocrystalline and Nanocrystalline Metals and Alloys]. Ekaterinburg, UB RAS Publ., 2003, 279 p. (In Russian).
- Popova E.N., Deryagina I.L., Valova-Zaharevskaya E.G., Stolbovsky A.V., Khlebova N.E., Pantsyrny V.I. Specific Features of Interfaces in Cu-Nb Nanocomposites. Defect and Diffusion Forum, 2014, vol. 354, pp. 183–188. DOI: 10.4028/www.scientific.net/DDF.354.183.
- Degtyarev M.V., Chashchukhina T.I., Voronova L.M., Patselov A.M., Pilyugin V.P. Influence of the relaxation processes on the structure formation in pure metals and alloys under high-pressure deformation. Асta Materialia, 2007, vol. 55, pp. 6039–6050. DOI: 10.1016/j.actamat.2007.04.017.
- Kaigorodova L.I., Rasposienko D.Yu., Pushin V.G., Pilyugin V.P., Smirnov S.V. Structure and mechanical properties of aging Al–Li–Cu–Zr–Sc–Ag alloy after severe plastic deformation by high-pressure torsion. Physics of Metals and Metallography, 2015, vol.116, iss. 4, pp. 346–355. DOI: 10.1134/S0031918X15040080.
- Shabashov V.A., Korshunov L.G., Sagaradze V.V., Kataeva N.V., Zamatovsky A.E., Litvinov A.V., Lyashkov K.A. Mossbauer analysis of deformation dissolution of the products of cellular decomposition in high-nitrogen chromium manganese austenite steel. Philosophical Magazine, 2014, vol. 94, pp. 668–682. DOI: 10.1080/14786435.2013.859758.
- Zel’dovich V.I., Frolova N.Yu., Khomskaya I.V., Kheifets A.E., Shorokhov E.V., Nasonov P.A. Structure and microhardness of chromium-zirconium bronze subjected to severe plastic deformation by dynamic channel-angular pressing and rolling. Physics of Metals and Metallography, 2014, vol. 115, iss. 5, pp. 465–470. DOI: 10.1134/S0031918X14050159.
- Brodova I.G., Shirinkina I.G., Petrova A.N., Pilyugin V.P., Tolmachev T.P. Structure of an AMts aluminum alloy after high-pressure torsion in liquid nitrogen. Physics of Metals and Metallography, 2013, vol. 114, iss. 8, pp. 667–671. DOI: 10.1134/S0031918X13080024.
- Smirnova N.A., Levit V.I., Pilyugin V.P., Kuznetsov R.I., Degtyarev M.V. Features of low temperature recrystallization of nickel and copper. Physics of Metals and Metallography, 1986, vol. 62, iss. 3, pp. 140–144.
- Smirnov A.S., Konovalov A.V., Muizemnek O.Yu. Modelling and Simulation of Strain Resistance of Alloys Taking into Account Barrier Effects. Diagnostics, Resource and Mechanics of materials and structures, 2015, iss. 1, pp. 61–72. URL: http://dream-journal.org/issues/2015-1/2015-1_18.html (accessed: 10.09.2015). DOI: 10.17804/2410-9908.2015.1.061-072.
- Chashchukhina T.I., Degtyarev M.V., Romanova M.Yu., Voronova L.M. Dynamic recrystallization in copper deformed by shear under pressure. Physics of Metals and Metallography, 2004, vol. 98, pp. 639–647.
- Bernshtein M.L., Dobatkin S.V., Kaputkina L.M., Prokoshkin S.D. Diagrammy goryachey deformatsii, struktura i svoistva staley [Hot Strain Diagrams, the Structure and Properties of Steels]. Moscow, Metallurgiya Publ, 1989, 544 p. (In Russian).
- Levit V.I., Smirnov M.A. Vysokotemperaturnaya termomekhanicheskaya obrabotka austenitnykh staley i splavov [High-Temperature Thermomechanical Treatment of Austenitic Steels and Alloys]. Chelyabinsk CSTU Publ., 1995, 276 p. (In Russian).
- Gorelik S.S. Rekristallisatsiya metallov i splavov [Recrystallization of Metals and Alloys]. Moscow, Metallurgiya Publ., 1978, 568 p. (In Russian).
- Degtyarev M.V., Chashchukhina T.I., Voronova L.M., Kopylov V.I. Establishment of Conformity between the true strain, hardness and size of the structural elements of iron and structural steel under severe plastic deformation in different ways. Fizicheskaya mezomekhanika, 2013, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 71–80. (In Russian).
- McQeen H. J. The production and utility of recovered dislocation substructures. Metallurgical Transactions A, 1977, vol. 8, iss. 6, pp. 807–824. DOI: 10.1007/BF02661562.
- Amirkhanov N.M., Islamgaliev R.K., Valiev R.Z. Thermal relaxation and grain growth upon isothermal annealing of ultrafine_grained copper produced by severe plastic deformation. Physics of Metals and Metallography, 1998, vol. 86, iss. 3, pp. 296–301.
- Saltykov S.A. Stereometricheskaya metallografiya [Stereometric Metallography]. Moscow, Metallurgiya Publ., 1970, 375p. (In Russian).
- Novikov V.Yu. Vtorichnaya rekristallizatsiya [Secondary Recrystallization]. Moscow, Metallurgiya Publ., 1990, 128p. (In Russian).
Effect of Impurities on Dynamic Recrystallization in Copper Deformed in Bridgman Anvils / D. K. Orlova, T. I. Chashchukhina, L. M. Voronova, M. V. Degtyarev, Yu. G. Krasnoperova // Diagnostics, Resource and Mechanics of materials and structures. -
2015. - Iss. 5. - P. 90-98. -
DOI: 10.17804/2410-9908.2015.5.090-098. -