V. I. Voronin, V. L. Arbuzov, V. I. Bobrovskii, S. E. Danilov, K. A. Kozlov, N. V. Proskurnina, V. V. Sagaradze
PECULIARITIES OF RADIATION-INDUCED PROCESSES IN THE Cr-Ni-Mo AUSTENITIC STEELS STUDIED BY NEUTRON DIFFRACTION
Understanding the mechanisms of radiation-induced phenomena in FCC-materials is of fundamental significance for the development of new austenitic reactor steels. An important role in these phenomena, along with the crystal structure and chemical composition of the matrix, belongs to doping elements and the microstructure of the material. In this paper, peculiarities of competing processes that proceed under fast neutron irradiation in Cr-Ni-Mo steels doped with Ti are studied by means of neutron diffraction. It is demonstrated that, on the one hand, new Ni3Ti g¢-phase particles are formed and, on the other hand, they dissolve to form interstitial Ti atoms. Besides, there is radiation-induced relaxation of microscopic stresses, which, in the case of large neutron fluences, overlaps with additional microstresses resulting from the accumulation of radiation-induced defects. The observed effects agree with the results we obtained for other austenitic steels.
Keywords: austenitic reactor steels, radiation damages, defects, radiation-induced processes, doping, neutron diffraction
- Zeman A., Kaiser R., Inozemtsev V., Beatty R.L. IAEA activities on coordinated research of structural materials for advanced reactor systems. Journal of Nuclear Materials, 2012, vol. 428, iss. 1–3. – P. 3–5. DOI: 10.1016/j.jnucmat.2012.06.024.
- Voevodin V.N., Neklyudov I.M. Problems of radiation resistance of structural materials in nuclear power engineering. Visnik Kharkivskogo Universitetu. Ser. Fizika, 2006, no.746, iss.4, pp. 3–22. (In Russian).
- Okita T., Wolfer W.G., Garner F.A., and Sekimura N. Effects of titanium additions to austenitic ternary alloys on microstructural evolution and void swelling. Philosophical Magazine, 2005, vol. 85, iss. 18, pp. 2033–2048. DOI: 10.1080/14786430412331331871.
- David C., Panigrahi B.K., Balaji S., Balamurugan A.K., Nair K.G.M., Amarendra G., Sundar C.S., Baldev R. A study of the effect of titanium on the void swelling behavior of D9 steels by ion beam simulation. Journal of Nuclear Materials, 2008, vol. 383, iss. 1–2, pp.132–136. DOI: 10.1016/j.jnucmat.2008.08.049.
- Sagaradze V.V., Goshchitskii B.N., Volkova E.G., Voronin V.I., Berger I.F., and Uvarov A.I. Evolution of the Microstructure and Microstresses in the 40Kh4G18F2 Steel upon Carbide Aging. Physics of Metals and Metallogragraphy, 2011, vol. 111, iss. 1, pp. 80–90. DOI: 10.1134/S0031918X1101011X.
- Sagaradze V.V., Voronin V.I., Berger I.F., Volkova E.G., Goshchitskii B.N. Evolution of the microstructure and microdistortions in the austenitic Cr-Ni-Ti steel during aging. Physics of Metals and Metallogragraphy, 2011, vol. 12, iss. 5, pp. 517–525. DOI: 10.1134/S0031918X11050279.
- Sagaradze V.V., Nalesnik V.M., Lapin S.S., Aliabev V.M. Precipitation hardening and radiation damageability of austenitic stainless steels. Journal of Nuclear Materials, 1993, vol. 202, iss. 1–2, pp.137–144. DOI: 10.1016/0022-3115(93)90036-X.
- Krivoglaz M.A. X-ray and neutron diffraction in nonideal crystals, Berlin, Heidelberg, Springer Verlag Publ., 1996, 466 p.
- Rodriguez-Carvajal J. Recent advances in magnetic structure determination by neutron powder diffraction. Physica B: Condensed Matter., 1993, vol.192, iss. 1–2, pp. 55–69. DOI: 10.1016/0921-4526(93)90108-I.
- Ungar T., Borbely A. The effect of dislocation contrast on x-ray line broadening: a new approach to line profile analysis. Appl. Phys. Lett., 1996, vol. 69, iss. 21, pp.3173–3175. DOI: 10.1063/1.117951.
- Konobeevsky S.T. Deistvie oblucheniya na materialy [Effect of Irradiation on Materials]. M., Atomizdat Publ., 1967, 402 p. (In Russian).
- Alab’yev V.M., Vologin V.G., Dubinin S.F., Lapin S.S., Parkhomenko V.D., Sagaradze V.V. Neutron diffraction and electron microscopic investigation of decomposition and radiation induced ageing of Cr-Ni-Ti austenitic alloys. Physics of Metals and Metallography, 1990, vol. 70, iss. 2. pp. 131–137.
Peculiarities of Radiation-Induced Processes in the Cr-Ni-Mo Austenitic Steels Studied by Neutron Diffraction / V. I. Voronin, V. L. Arbuzov, V. I. Bobrovskii, S. E. Danilov, K. A. Kozlov, N. V. Proskurnina, V. V. Sagaradze // Diagnostics, Resource and Mechanics of materials and structures. -
2015. - Iss. 5. - P. 80-89. -
DOI: 10.17804/2410-9908.2015.5.080-089. -