A. I. Potapov, S. V. Gladkovsky, E. A. Kokovikhin, D. R. Salikhyanov, D. A. Dvoynikov
DETERMINING THE PLASTIC STRAIN RESISTANCE OF METALLIC MATERIALS ON AN AUTOMATED PLASTOMETRIC COMPLEX
An overview of the main methods and equipment used to determine plastic strain resistance under compression tests is given. A testing technique for solid and build-up cylindrical specimens, as well as square cross-section ones, implemented on an automated plastometric complex is described in detail. The results of the evaluation of strain resistance obtained with the application of the developed methods for a large number of steels and alloys are presented.
Keywords: strain resistance, testing technique, tension, upset, plastometer, hardening curve for steels and alloys, carbjn and alloy steels, titanium alloy
1. Gorelik S.S., Dobatkin S.V., Kaputkina L.M. Rekristallizatsiya metallov i splavov [Recristallization of Metals and Alloys]. Moscow, MISIS Publ., 2005. 432 p. (In Russian).
2. Polukhin P.I., Gun G.Ya., Galkin A.M. Soprotivlenie plasticheskoy deformatsii metallov i splavov. Spravochnik [Plastic strain resistance of Metals and Alloys. Reference book]. Moscow, Metallurgiya Publ., 1983. 352 p. (In Russian).
3. Dao M., Chollacoop N., Van Vliet K.J., Venkatesh T.A., Suresh S. Computational modeling of the forward and reverse problems in instrumented sharp indentation. Acta Materialia, 2001, vol. 49, pp. 3899–3918.
4. Bucaille J.L., Stauss S., Felder E., Michler J. Determination of plastic properties of metals by instrumented indentation using different sharp indenters. Acta Materialia, 2003, vol. 51, pp. 1663–1678.
5. Konovalov D.A., Smirnov S.V., Vichuzhanin D.I. Determination of strain resistance by results of indentation with conical indenters. Izvestiya vuzov. Chornaya Metallurgiya, 2007, no. 3, pp. 69–70. (In Russian).
6. Smirnov S.V., Smirnova E.O. A technique for determining the coefficients of the stressstrain diagram by nanoscratch test results. Journal of Materials Research, 2014, vol. 29, no. 16, pp. 1730–1736.
7. Potapov A.I., Mazunin V.P., Dvoynikov D.A., Kokovikhin E.A. A technique for studying strain resistance on a plastometric complex. Promyshlinnaya Laboratoriya, 2010, no. 6, pp. 59–63. (In Russian).
8. Honeycombe R.W.K. Plasticheskya deformatsiya metallov [Plastic Deformation of Metals]. Moscow, Mir Publ., 1972. 406 p. (In Russian).
9. Mazunin V.P., Dvoynikov D.A. Increasing high-speed performance in the control of adjustable electric drives of mechanisms with elastic elements. Electrotekhnika, 2012, no. 10, pp. 36–42. (In Russian).
10. Zyuzev A.M., Dvoynikov D.A. Realization of the structure of high-speed electromechanical systems by means of the microcontroller of a Siemens Simoreg 6RA70 direct current thyristor converter. Elektrotekhnicheskie sistemy i kompleksy, 2014, no. 4 (25), pp. 17–20. (In Russian).
11. Unksov E.P. Inzhenernye metody rascheta usiliy pri obrabotke metallov davleniem [Engineering Methods for Calculating Forces in Metal Forming]. Moscow, Mashgiz Publ., 1955. 280 p. (In Russian).
12. Migachev B.A. Soprotivlenie deformatsii v mekhanike obrabotki davleniem [Strain Resistance in the Mechanics of Metal Forming]. Ekaterinburg, UrO RAN Publ., 1997. 176 p. (In Russian).
13. Konovalov A.V., Smirnov A.S. Identification of a strain resistance model by the results of compression tests. Promyshlennaya Laboratoriya, 2010, no. 1, pp. 53–56. (In Russian).
14. Konovalov A.V., Smirnov A.S. A visco-plastic model of strain resistance of steel 08Kh18N10T at a temperature of hot deformation. Metally, 2008, no. 2, pp. 55–59. (In Russian).
15. Sokolov L.D. On strain aging. Fizika Metallov i Metallovedenie, 1962, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 904–909. (In Russian).
16. Krocha V.A. Uprochnenie metallov pri holodnoy plasticheskoy deformatsii. Spravochnik [Hardening of Metals by Cold Plastic Deformation. Reference book]. Moskow, Mashinostroenie Publ., 1980. 157 p. (In Russian).
17. Unksov E.P., Johnson W., Kolmogorov V.L. et al. Teoriya kovki i shtampovki. Uchebnoe posobie dlya studentov mashinostroitelnykh i metIllurgicheskikh spetsialnostey vuzov [Theory of Forging and Stamping. Tutorial for students of machine-building and metallurgical specialties of higher education institutions], 2-е izd. pererab. i dop [2nd edition revised and expanded]. Moscow, Mashinostroenie Publ., 1992. 720 p. (In Russian).
18. Stolyarov V.V. Tensile testing of nanostructural materials. Promyshlennaya Laboratoriya, 2008, no. 1, pp. 54–57. (In Russian).
19. Potapov A.I., Gladkovsky S.V., Kokovikhin E.A., Mazunin V.P. Determination of strain resistance in sheet materials. Promyshlennaya Laboratoriya, 2011, no. 6, pp. 52–56. (In Russian).
20. Loginov Ju.N., Potapov A.I., Shalaev N.A. Effect of temperature and strain rate on the hardening of titanium sponge. Titan, 2012, no. 3 (37), pp. 36–42. (In Russian).
Determining the Plastic Strain Resistance of Metallic Materials on An Automated Plastometric Complex / A. I. Potapov, S. V. Gladkovsky, E. A. Kokovikhin, D. R. Salikhyanov, D. A. Dvoynikov // Diagnostics, Resource and Mechanics of materials and structures. -
2015. - Iss. 2. - P. 24-43. -
DOI: 10.17804/2410-9908.2015.2.024-043. -