E. S. Baymetova
DETERMINATION OF OPTIMAL DESIGN PARAMETERS OF A HEAT EXCHANGING SECTION BY NUMERICAL MODELING
With the development of industry, the need to improve the efficiency of oil coolers is particularly increasing, due primarily to the rising cost of equipment, as well as increased attention to the issues of resource and energy saving. Oil coolers should not only perform the required functions of oil cooling, but also be as reliable and environmentally friendly as possible. Meanwhile, the majority of serial oil coolers are designed on the basis of outdated technical solutions, and this predetermines the levels of efficiency and reliability of their work as not corresponding to modern requirements. In this connection, the issues of hydrodynamics and heat exchange in finned tubes of oil coolers and refinement of methods of their calculation are relevant both for modernization of existing devices and for design of new oil coolers.
Keywords: mathematical modeling; coupled heat exchange problem; optimization problem;
oil coolers; cooling system
- Tsygankov M.P., Kruchinin D.S. Characteristic features of mathematic modeling high-temperature heat exchangers. Izvestiya Vuzov. Khimya i Khimicheskaya Tekhnologiya, 2013, vol. 56, pp. 95–99. (In Russian).
- Taraday A.M., Kovalenko L.M., Gurin E.P. Evaluating the thermal power efficiency of heat-exchangers used in municipal heat-and-power engineering. Novosti Teplosnabzheniya, No. 6, pp. 40–43. (In Russian).
- Jinov A.A., Shevelev D.V., Anan'ev P.A. Simulation of air pressure losses in the finned tube bundle of an air condenser. Science & Education, 2013, No. 03. DOI: 10.7463/0313.0544307. (In Russian).
- Dmitriev А.V., Dmitrieva O.S. Heat exchange in counterflow around rows of air cooler tubes. Vestnik Tecnologicheskogo Universiteta, 2007, vol. 20, No. 13, pp. 40–43. (In Russian).
- Kutateladze S.S. Osnovy teorii teploobmena [Fundamentals of Heat-exchange Theory]. 5th ed., Moscow, Atomizdat Publ., 1979, 416 p. (In Russian).
- Idel'chik I.E. Aerogidrodinamika tekhnologicheskikh apparatov (podvod, otvod i raspredelenie potoka po secheniyu apparatov) [Fluid Dynamic Theory of Processing Vessel]. Moscow, Mashinostroenie Publ., 1983, 351 p. (In Russian).
- Sugiyama H., Akiyama M., Shibata K. Heat and Mass Transfer Analysis of Developing Turbulent Flow in a Square Duct. Transactions of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers Series B, 1991, vol. 57 (535), pp. 1044–1050. DOI: 10.1299/kikaib.57.1044.
- Huser A., Biringen S. Direct numerical simulation of turbulent flow in a square duct. Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 1993, vol. 257, pp. 65–95. DOI: 10.1017/S002211209300299X.
- Myong H.K. Numerical investigation of fully developed turbulent fluid flow and heat transfer in a square duct. International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow, 1991, vol. 12, pp. 344–352. DOI: 10.1016/0142-727X(91)90023-O.
- Şenay G., Kaya M., Gedik E., Kayfeci M. Numerical investigation on turbulent convective heat transfer of nanofluid flow in a square cross-sectioned duct. International Journal of Numerical Methods for Heat and Fluid Flow, 2019, vol. 29 (4), pp. 1432–1447. DOI: 10.1108/HFF-06-2018-0260.
- Liu J., Hussain S., Wang W., Xie G., Sundén Bengt. Heat transfer enhancement and turbulent flow in a rectangular channel using perforated ribs with inclined holes. Journal of Heat Transfer, 2019, vol. 141 (4), article No. 041702. DOI: 10.1115/1.4042841.
- Kumar R., Kumar A., Goel V. Performance improvement and development of correlation for friction factor and heat transfer using computational fluid dynamics for ribbed triangular duct solar air heater Renewable Energy, 2019, vol. 131, pp. 788–799. DOI: 10.1016/j.renene.2018.07.078.
- Sharma N., Tariq A., Mishra M. Experimental Investigation of Heat Transfer Enhancement in Rectangular Duct with Pentagonal Ribs. Heat Transfer Engineering, 2019, vol. 40 (1–2), pp. 147–165. DOI: 10.1080/01457632.2017.1421135.
- Schindler A., Younis B.A., Weigand B. Large-Eddy Simulations of turbulent flow through a heated square duct. International Journal of Thermal Sciences, 2019, vol. 135, pp. 302–318. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijthermalsci.2018.09.018.
- D'yachenko A.Yu., Terekhov V.I., Yarygina N.I. Turbulent flow past a transverse cavity with inclined side walls. 2. Heat transfer. Journal of Applied Mechanics and Technical Physics, 2007, vol. 48, No. 4, pp. 486–491. DOI: 10.1007/s10808-007-0061-4.
- Dreitser G.A., Lobanov I.E. Limiting Intensification of Heat Exchange in Tubes Due to Artificial Turbulization of the Flow. Journal of Engineering Physics and Thermophysics, 2003, vol. 76, pp. 54–60. DOI: 10.1023/A:1022959006920.
- Baymetova E.S., Chernova A.A., Koroleva M.R., Kelemen M. Optimization of the developed outer surface of an industrial oil cooler. MM Science Journal, 2021, vol. 2021, pp. 4764–4768. DOI: 10.17973/MMSJ.2021_10_2021027.
- Baymetova E.S., Gizzatullina A.F., Pushkarev F.N. Conjugate Heat Transfer Problem in the Ribbed Tube with OpenFOAM. Khimicheskaya Fizika i Mezoskopiya [Chemical Physics and Mesoscopy], 2021, vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 154–164. DOI: 10.15350/17270529.2021.2. (In Russian).
- Koroleva M.R., Saburova E.A., Chernova A.A. Studying the efficiency of cooling and resistance of ribbed tubular elements. Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 2020, vol. 1675, 012009. DOI: 10.1088/1742-6596/1675/1/012009.
- Korolyova M.R., Terentyev A.N., Chernova A.A. Fluid dynamics of a complicated collector. Vestnik Rybinskoy gosudarstvennoy aviatsionnoy tekhnologicheskoy akademii im. P.A. Solovieva, 2021, No. 3 (58), pp. 50–55. (In Russian).
- Zhukauskas A.A. Konvektivnyi perenos v teploobmennikakh [Convective transfer in heat exchangers]. M., Nauka Publ., 1982, 472 p. (In Russian).
- Salakhov R.R. Raschet teploobmennykh apparatov c naruzhnym orebreniem [Calculation of externally finned heat-exchange apparatus: scientific research report]. Kazan, 2017, 68 p.
- Menter F.R., Kuntz M., Langtry R. Ten years of industrial experience with the SST turbulence model. In: K. Hanjalić, ed. Proc. 4th. Int. Symp. on Turbulence, Heat and Mass Transfer, Begell House, 2003, 8 p.
Baymetova E. S. Determination of Optimal Design Parameters of a Heat Exchanging Section by Numerical Modeling // Diagnostics, Resource and Mechanics of materials and structures. -
2022. - Iss. 2. - P. 45-54. -
DOI: 10.17804/2410-9908.2022.2.045-054. -