V. V. Nazarov
REVIEW OF THE AUTHOR’S OWN RESULTS OBTAINED FROM MECHANICAL TESTING OF TITANIUM ALLOYS
Experimental data obtained at different times by the author for various titanium alloys are collected in one place. The mechanical properties of the VT1-0 alloy at normal temperature, the creep and creep rupture of the VT5 and VT6 alloys at 650 °C, the secondary creep of the VT1-0 alloy under complex stress conditions at 550 °C are considered. The final values of strains observed either at the rupture time or at mechanical test termination are taken as a criterion for combining all these data.
Acknowledgments: The work was partially financially supported by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research, grant no. 20−08−00387
Keywords: titanium alloy, hydrogen, tension, torsion
- Kolachev B.A., Elagin V.I., Livanov V.A. Metallovedenie i termicheskaya obrabotka tsvetnykh metallov i splavov [Metal science and heat treatment of non-ferrous metals and alloys]. Moscow, MISIS Publ., 2001, 416 p. ISBN: 5-87623-027-8. (In Russian).
- Nazarov V.V., Lepeshkin A.R. Features of shaping and fracture of a rectangular plate with a circular hole. Izvestiya VolgGTU, 2016, No. 2 (181), pp. 75−78. (In Russian).
- Nazarov V.V. Short-term creep of titanium alloys VT5 and VT6 at high temperature. Zavodskaya Laboratoriya. Diagnostika Materialov, 2015, vol. 81, No. 6, pp. 57−60. (In Russian).
- Norton F.H. Creep of Steel at High Temperatures, New York, Mc. Graw-Hill Book Company, 1929, 67 p.
- Bailey R.W. Creep of steel under simple and com-pound stresses and the use of high initial temperature in steam power plant, Trans. World Power Conf. 3, Tokyo Sectional Meeting, 1929, pp. 1089.
- Shesterikov S.A., Yumasheva M.A. Specification of equation of state in creep theory. Izvestiya AN SSSR. Mekhanika tverdogo tela, 1984, No. 1, pp. 86–91. (In Russian).
- Liying Z., Yongqing Z., Xiaonan M., Quan H., Yunlian Q. Creep features of Ti−600 alloy at the temperature of 650°C. Materials Science Forum, 2018, vol. 941, pp. 995−1003. DOI: 10.4028/www.scientific.net/MSF.941.995.
- Nazarov V.V. Approximation of the creep curve up to the moment of necking. Diagnostics, Resource and Mechanics of materials and structures, 2020, iss. 3, pp. 61−66. DOI: 10.17804/2410-9908.2020.3.061-066. Available at: https://dream-journal.org/issues/2020-3/2020-3_116.html
- Zamaraev L.M., Smirnov S.V. High-temperature short-term creep of the Grade 2 and Ti−5Al titanium alloys under heating in air and helium. AIP Conference Proceedings, 2017, vol. 1915, pp. 040069. DOI: 10.1063/1.5017417.
- Lokoshchenko A.M., Nazarov V.V., Il'in A.A., Mamonov A.M. Analysis of the creep and long-term strength of VT6 titanium alloy with preliminarily injected hydrogen. Materials Science, 2008, vol. 44, No. 5, pp. 700−707. DOI: 10.1007/s11003-009-9128-0.
- Lokoshchenko A.M., Nazarov V.V., Il'in A.A., Mamonov A.M. Experimental and theoretical study of the effect of hydrogen on the creep and long-term strength of VT6 titanium alloy. Russian metallurgy (Metally), 2008, vol. 2008, No. 2, pp. 142−147. DOI: 10.1134/S0036029508020109.
- Nazarov V.V. Influence of hydrogen on the creep and rupture of titanium alloys. Zavodskaya Laboratoriya. Diagnostika Materialov, 2012, vol. 78, No. 12, pp. 59−65. (In Russian).
- Nazarov V.V. Description of steady creep under tension and torsion of tubular samples. Zavodskaya Laboratoriya. Diagnostika Materialov, 2015, vol. 81, No. 7, pp. 60−61. (In Russian).
- Nazarov V.V. Mechanical properties of a VT1-0 titanium alloy creep under tension and torsion of tubular specimens. Zavodskaya Laboratoriya. Diagnostika Materialov, 2017, vol. 83, No. 2, pp. 66−68. (In Russian).
Nazarov V. V. Review of the Author’s Own Results Obtained from Mechanical Testing of Titanium Alloys // Diagnostics, Resource and Mechanics of materials and structures. -
2022. - Iss. 2. - P. 21-34. -
DOI: 10.17804/2410-9908.2022.2.021-034. -