S. E. Danilov, V. L. Arbuzov
PRODUCTION OF PURE NICKEL ALLOYS DOPED WITH SULFUR AND PHOSPHORUS
A procedure for alloying nickel with sulfur and phosphorus by diffusion and homogenizing annealing is described using the example of pure nickel (RRR at 600). A scheme of the installation for alloying from the gas phase is described. The possibility of uniform alloying with sulfur and phosphorus of samples and material in the form of plates or foils with a thickness of 0.2 mm or thinner at a concentration ranging between 0.001 and 0.08) at.% is shown. Diffusion annealing is carried out after heating and pumping out in a high vacuum and without contamination, in a quartz volume containing sulfur or phosphorus vapors at a temperature of 1100 to 1200 °C. By choosing the ratio of the masses of the alloyed material and the corresponding filling of sulfur or phosphorus, it is possible to predict in advance the resulting concentration of impurities with a sufficient time of annealing. The impurity concentration is uniform in volume within ten percent. Modeling and control annealings with the measurement of the residual resistivity of the control samples allows you to evaluate the results obtained.
Acknowledgements: The work was carried out within the framework of the state assignment from the Ministry of Education and Science of Russia, theme “Function” No. 0388-2019-0004, and partially supported by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research, project No. 18-02-00270.
Keywords: alloying, sulfur, phosphorus, nickel, diffusion, homogenization
- Van Wazer J.R. Phosphorus and its Compounds, Interscience Publishers, New York, N. Y., vol. I, 1958, p. 283.
- Arbuzov V.L., Vladimirov A.B., Danilov S.E., Klotsman S.M., Trakhtenberg I.Sh. Diffusion, Solubility, and Residual Electrical Resistance in Nickel-Sulfur Alloys. Fiz. Met. Metalloved., 1980, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 356–362. (In Russian).
- Bokshtein B.S. Diffusion in Metals. Moscow, Metallurgiya Publ., 1978, 248 p. (In Russian).
- Kablov D.E., Sidorov V.V., Puchkov Yu.A. Diffusion behavior features of impurities and microalloying additives in nickel and single crystal superalloys. Aviatsionnye Materialy i Tekhnologii, 2016, no. 1 (40). DOI: 10.18577/2071-9140-2016-0-1-24-31. (In Russian).
- Titov K.V. Chislennye metody resheniya zadach diffuzii [Numerical Methods for Solving the Diffusion Problems: study guide]. Moscow, Izd-vo MGTU im. N.E. Baumana Publ., 2009, 48 p. (In Russian).
- Tikhonov A.N., Samarskiy A.A. Uravneniya matematicheskoy fiziki [The Equations of Mathematical Physics]. Moscow, Izd-vo MGU Publ., 2004. (In Russian).