N. B. Pugacheva, T. M. Bykova
A STUDY OF BORIDING METHODS, AN ANALYSIS OF THE STRUCTURE AND PROPERTIES OF THE OBTAINED COATINGS
The results of studying various boriding methods are presented, as well as an analysis of the structure and properties of boride coatings on steels of different chemical compositions. The features of the formation of these coatings and possible types of defects in them are analyzed. The results of studying the protective properties of boride coatings of different chemical and phase compositions are shown.
Acknowledgements: The work was performed under the state assignment, theme No. AAAA-A18-118020790145-0.
Keywords: coating, borides, microhardness, plastic deformation, diffusion
1. Tarasov S.Yu., Trusova G.V., Kolubaev A.V., and Sizova O.V. Structural properties of boride coatings for triboengineering. Metal Science and Heat Treatment, 1995, vol. 37, pp. 257–260. DOI: 10.1007/BF01152230.
2. Maltseva L.A., Gervasiev M.A., Kutin A.B. Materialovedenie [Materials Science]. Ekaterinburg, Izd-vo UGTU-UPI Publ., 2007, 338 p. (In Russian).
3. Guzanov, B.N., Kositsyn, S.V., and Pugacheva, N.B. Uprochnyayushchie zashchitnye pokrytiya v mashinostroenii [Reinforcing Protective Coatings in Engineering Industry]. Ekaterinburg, Ural. Otd. Ross. Akad. Nauk Publ., 2003. (In Russian).
4. Pugacheva N.B., Zamaraev L.M., Trushina E.B., Gurchenko T.M., and Zamjatin A.N., The features of destruction by the diffusion boride coating on the carbon constructional steel in thermo-cycling under loading conditions. Uprochn. Tekhnol. Pokryt., 2011, no. 3, pp. 24–30. (In Russian).
5. Burnyshev I.N., Valiakhmetova O.M., and Mutagarova S.A. On the issue of steel borating. Vestn. IzhGTU, 2007, no. 4, pp. 124–127. (In Russian).
6. Mozberg R.K. Materialovedenie [Materials Science]. Moscow, Vysshaya Shkola Publ., 1991, 448 p. (In Russian).
7. Dombrovskiy Y.M., Stepanov M.S. New aspects of surface impregnation in powder environment. Vestnik of Don State Technical University, 2011, vol. 11 (8–1), pp. 1217–1221. (In Russian.).
8. Anfinogenov A.I., Chebykin VV, Chernov Ya.B. Analysis of the development of chemical-thermal treatment of metals and alloys. Melts, 2005, no. 3. pp. 40–52. (In Russian).
9. Voroshnin L.G., Mendeleeva O.L., and Smetkin V.A. Teoriya i tekhnologiya khimiko-termicheskoi obrabotki [Theory and Technology of Chemical Thermal Treatment]. Moscow, Novoe Znanie Publ., 2010, p. 304. (In Russian).
10. Perspektivnye materialy. Struktura i metody issledovaniya [Promising Materials: Structure and Methods of Investigation, Meerson, ed.]. TGU-MISiS Publ., 2006, 536 p. (In Russian).
11. Malkova N.Yu. Disadvantages and advanced methods of chemical-thermal treatment. Advances in Current Natural Sciences, 2007, no. 12, pp. 106–107. (In Russian).
12. Gadalov V.N., Borsiakov A.S., Salnikov V.G., Kvashnin B.N., Zhelanova L.A. Special features of the structure and properties of boride diffusive layers, optimization of the technology for their production. In: Proceedings of the South-West State University. Technics and Technologies, 2012, no. 2 (1), pp. 73–77. (In Russian).
13. Kovenskiy I.M., Povetkin V.V. Metallovedenie pokrytiy [Metallography of Coatings]. M., Intermet Engineering, 1999, 296 p. (In Russian).
14. Borsyakov A.S., Gadalov V.N., Kolmykov V.I. Electrolysis borating of metals and alloys. In: Svarka i rodstvennye tekhnologii v mashinostroenii i elektronike [Welding and Cognate Processes in Mechanical Engineering and Electronics: Regional Collection of Scientific Papers]. Kursk, Kurskiy Gosudarstvennyy Tekhnicheskiy Universitet, 2002, iss. 5. (In Russian).
15. Nicholl A.R., Gruner H., Wuest G., Keller S. Future development in plasma spray coating. Mater. Sci. Technol., 1996, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 214–219. DOI: 10.1179/mst.19220.127.116.11.
16. Teplykh А.М., Golovin E.D., Bataev V.A., Golkovsky M.G., Bataev A.A., Gontarenko A.S., Drobyaz E.A. Borating of low-carbon steel with the application of non-vacuum electron-beam processing technology. In: International Conference on Physical Mesomechanics, Computer Design and Development of New Materials: Proceedings, Tomsk, IFPM Publ., 2011, pp. 494–496.
17. Pugacheva N.B., Bykova T.M. The degree of breakdown of the cemented and borated surfaces on details of the cutting pair of the hydromechanical slot perforator. Obrabotka Metallov. Metal Working and Material Science, 2015, no. 1 (66), pp. 51–59. (In Russian). DOI: 10.17212/1994-6309-2015-1-51-59.
18. Butukhanov V.A., Markhasaev Yu.A., Markhasaev A.V. A protective diffusion coating after saturation with boron and vanadium on steels for forming tools. In: Electrical Engineering. Energy, Mechanical Engineering (EEM–2014): selected papers from The First International Scientific Conference of Young Scientists, in 3 sections, section 3, Novosibirsk, December 2–6 2014, Novosibirsk, Izd-vo NGTU Publ., 2014, pp. 194–198. (In Russian).
19. Shilyakin L.V., Veropakha D.N., Veropakha N.V. Method updating by liquid borides of steel products with the purpose of increase of their operational properties. Izvestiya VUZov. Sev.-Kavkazsk. Region, 2014, no. 1. pp. 48–51. (In Russian).
20. Gun G.S., Krivoshchapov V.V., Chukin M.V., Adamchuk V.S., Tsun A.M. Uprochnyayushchie i vosstanavlivayushchie pokrytiya [Strengthening and recovering coatings]. Chelyabinsk: Metallurgiya, 1991, 160 p. (In Russian).
21. Sobachkin A.V., Yakovlev V.I., Loginova M.V., Dong Ya., Guriev A.M. Electric surfacing of wear resistant SHS-powder coating of working bodies of agricultural machines. In: Effect of External Influences on the Strength and Plasticity of Metals and Alloys: book of the International workshop articles, Barnaul, AltSTU publ., 2015, p. 104.
22. Nicholls J.R. Designing oxidation-resistant coating. JOM, 2000, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 28–35. DOI: 10.1007/s11837-000-0112-2.
23. Keddam M., Chegroune R. A model for studying the kinetics of the formation of Fe2B boride layers at the surface of a gray cast iron. Appl. Surf. Sci., 2010, vol. 256, iss. 16, pp. 5025–5030. – DOI: 10.1016/j.apsusc.2010.03.048.
24. Guriev A.M., Ivanov S.G., May Sh. The structure of boride coatings on steels for various purposes. In: Electrical Engineering, Energy, Mechanical Engineering (EEM–2014): selected papers from The First International Scientific Conference of Young Scientists, in 3 sections, section 3, Novosibirsk, December 2–6 2014, Novosibirsk, Izd-vo NGTU Publ., 2014, pp. 194–198. (In Russian).
25. Matijević B. Evaluation of Boride Layer Growth on Carbon Steel Surfaces. Metal Science and Heat Treatment, 2014, vol. 56, pp. 269–273. DOI: 10.1007/s11041-014-9744-7.
26. Guzanov B.N., Kositsyn S.V., and Pugacheva N.B. Reinforcing Protective Coatings in Mechanical Engineering. Ekaterinburg, URO RAN Publ., 2004, 242 p. (In Russian).
27. Filippov M.A., Kositsina I.I., Gervasiev M.A. Hardening and Protection of the Metal Surface. Ekaterinburg, UrB RAS, 2012, 234 p. (In Russian).
28. Pugacheva N.B. Current trends in the development of heat-resistant coatings based on aluminides of iron, nickel and cobalt. Diagnostics, Resource and Mechanics of Materials and Structures, 2015, iss. 3, pp. 51–82. DOI: 10.17804/2410-9908.2015.3.051-082. Available at: https://www.dream-journal.org/DREAM_Issue_3_2015_Pugacheva_N._B._051_082..pdf
29. Denisyuk A.K., Zagulyaeva S.V., Potutkina E.N. Structure of borided layers in carbon steel. Russian Engineering Research, 2011, vol. 31, pp. 191–192. DOI: 10.3103/S1068798X11020080.
30. Guryev M.A., Guryev A.M., Ivanov A.G., Ivanov S.G. Analysis of the influence of the nature of alloying elements in high alloy steels on the processes of complex multicomponent diffusion borating. International Journal of Applied and Fundamental Research, 2010, no. 5, pp. 155–157. (In Russian).
31. Pugacheva N.B., Bykova T.M., and Trushina E.B. The steel-basis structure influence on the diffuzion boride coatings structure and properties. Uprochn. Tekhnol. Pokryt., 2013, no. 4, pp. 3–7.
32. Kilic A., Kartal G., Urgen M., Timur S. Effects of electrochemical boriding process parameters on the formation of titanium borides. Surface Engineering and Applied Electrochemistry, 2013, vol. 49, iss. 2, pp. 168–175. DOI: 10.3103/S1068375513020051.
33. Bykova T.M. The influence of the chemical composition of the steel on the structure and properties of diffusion boride coatings. Cand. Thesis, 2016. (In Russian).
34. Afanasyev A.A., Pogonin A.A., Stativko A.A. Microhardness of diffusion boride layers on steels as a qualitative indicator of the surface. Bulletin of Kharkov National Automobile and Highway University, 2008, no. 42, pp. 65–67. (In Russian).
35. Gadalov V.N., Borsyakov A.S., Salnikov V.G., Kvashnin B.N., Romanenko D.N., Lyakhov A.V. Diffuznye boridnye pokrytiya na zheleze, stalyakh i splavakh [Diffusion Borided Coatings on Iron, Steels, and Alloys]. M., Kurs, 2012. (In Russian).
36. Goncharov I.Yu., Druchinina O.A., Kamyshanchenko N.V., Kovaleva M.G., Kolpakov A.Ya. Influence of thickness of coating on reconditioning the surface of substrate deformed during microindentation. Deformatsiya i Razrushenie materialov, 2006, no. 5, pp. 30–34. (In Russian).
37. Pugacheva N.B., Bykova T.M. The structure and properties of gradient boride coatings on steels. In: Mechanics, Resources and Diagnostics of Materials and Structures: Sourcebook, 2016, pp. 210–211. (In Russian).
38. Tyurin A.G., Plotnikova N.V., Burov V.G., Veselov S.V., Golovin E.D. Surface-hardened materials fatigue cracking features. Nauchnyy Vestnik Novosibirskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta, 2007, no. 4. pp. 93–98. (In Russian).
39. Pugacheva N.B., Pavlyshko S.V., Trushina E.B., Zamyatin A.N. Investigation of mass transfer duaring tribological interaction of alloyed steels. Journal of Friction and Wear. 2012, vol. 33, no. 3. pp. 208–216. DOI: 10.3103/S1068366612030099.
40. Denisyuk A.K., Zagulyaeva S.V., Potutkina E.N. Effect of borating conditions on structure and hardness of borating layer. Uprochn. Tekhnol. Pokryt., 2012, no. 2, pp. 29–31. (In Russian).
41. Lukyanonov D.S. The effect of residual macrostresses on the process of nucleation of quasibrittle cracks in thermal diffusion coatings. Uspekhi Sovremennogo Estestvoznaniya, 2011, no. 7. pp. 266–267. (In Russian).
42. Borisenok G.V., Vasilyev L.A., Voroshnin L.G. et. al. Khimiko-termicheskaya obrabotka: spravochnik [Thermochemical Treatment of Metals and Alloys: reference book]. Moscow, Metallurgiya Publ., 1981, 424 p. (In Russian).
43. Pugacheva N.B., Mazaev E.S. Protective properties of high-temperature combined coatings. Fizika i Khimiya Obrabotki Materialov, 2001, no. 4. pp. 82–90. (In Russian).
44. Schlichting K.W. Padture N.P., Jordan E.H., Gell M. Failure modes in plazma-spraed thermal barrier coatings. Materials Science and Engineering, 2003, vol. A342, pp., 120–130. DOI: 10.1016/S0921-5093(02)00251-4.