V. A. Andreyachshenko
EXPERIENCE OF APPLYING SHOT-TERM INTERMEDIATE ANNEALS IN BACK-PRESSURE EQUAL-CHANNEL ANGULAR PRESSING OF ALUMINUM ALLOYS
The influence of severe plastic deformation on hypoeutectic silumin is studied. A positive effect of equal-channel angular pressing with back pressure on the mechanical properties of the AL9 alloy of the Al-Si-Mn-Fe system has been found experimentally. The evolution of the microstructure in the process of deformation is estimated. The effect of short-term intermediate anneals on the microstructure, mechanical properties and ultimate plasticity of the alloy is studied. As a result of additional annealing, significant microstructural changes do not succeed, but the coagulation of excess phases proceeds very intensively, which causes a 20% increase in strength after the second deformation cycle. Fractographic studies demonstrate the presence of coagulated particles on the samples deformed with the use of short-term intermediate anneals. Limiting plasticity also rises to 0.2 as compared to 0.12 for the samples treated with only ECAP-BP.
Keywords: hypoeutectic silumins, AL9, Al-Si-Mn-Fe, equal-channel angular pressing with back pressure
- Senatorova O.G., Grushko O.E., Tkachenko E.A., Antipov V.V., Molostova I.I., Sidel'nikov V.V., Legoshina S.F. New high-strength aluminum alloys and materials. Tekhnol. Legk. Splavov, 2007, no. 2, pp. 17–24. (In Russian).
- Mironov A.E. Kotova E.G. Development of new marks of welded aluminum antifriction alloys for exchange the bronze in joints of friction. Izv. Samarsk. Nauch. Tsentra Ross. Akad. Nauk, 2011, vol. 13, pp. 1136–1140. (In Russian).
- Klochkova Yu.Yu., Grushko O.E., Lantsova L.P., Burlyaeva I.P., Ovsyannikov B.V. The assimilation for industrial production of semi-finished products from advanced aluminum–lithium alloy V-1469. Aviats. Mater. Technol., 2011, no. 1, pp. 8–12. (In Russian).
- Docenko Yu.V., Seliverstov V.Yu. Features of solidification casting of aluminum alloys with increasing pressure and modification. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 2012, no. 1 (5), pp. 18–22. (In Russian).
- Selivanov A.A., Antipov K.V., Astashkin A.I., Ovsyannikov B.V. Optimization of artificial aging of forged and rolled semi-finished products from heat-resistant aluminum alloy AK4-1h. Trudy VIAM, 2018, no. 4 (64), pp. 9–19. DOI: 10.18577/2307-6046-2018-0-4-9-19. (In Russian).
- Marukovich E.I., Stetsenko V.Y., Gutev A.P. Manufacture and use of silumin with globular silicon. Litiyo i Metallurgiya (Foundry Production and Metallurgy), 2017, no. 2 (87), pp. 15–19. DOI: 10.21122/1683-6065-2017-2-15-19. (In Russian).
- Prudnikov A.N., Popova M.V., Prudnikov V.A. Effect of deformation on the structure and properties of silumin. Bulletin of the Siberian State Industrial University, 2017, no. 3 (21), pp. 11–17. (In Russian).
- Bogatov A.A., Nukhov D.Sh., Leshev I.V. Development of innovative processes metal forming through intensive alternating strain. Processing of Solid and Laminate Materials, 2016, no. 1 (44), pp. 35–43. (In Russian).
- Spuskanyuk V.Z., Berezina A.L., Dubodelov V.I., Davydenko О.A., Fixssen V.N., Sliva K.I., Monastyrska T.O., Gangalo A.N. Microstructure and mechanical properties of the hypereutectic Al-Si alloy after several plastic deformation. Metallofiz. Noveishie Tekhnol., 2014, vol. 36, no. 5, pp. 649–660. DOI: 10.15407/mfint.36.05.0649. (In Russian).
- Bochvar N.R., Rohlin L.L., Tarytina I.E. Combined effect of sever plastic deformation and cold rolling on mechanical properties of the Al-Mg2Si system alloys. Perspektivnye Materialy, 2018, no. 7, pp. 49–56. DOI: 10.30791/1028-978x-2018-7-49-56. (In Russian).
- Avtokratova E.V., Sitdikov O.Sh., Markushev M.V. Superplasticity of Al-Mg-Sc(Zr) alloys, subjected to intense plastic deformation. Materials Physics and Mechanics, 2017, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 19–28. DOI: 10.18720/MPM.3312017_3. (In Russian).
- Polishchuk S.S., Berezina A.L., Davidenko A.A., Spuskanyuk V.Z., Fixsen V.N., Yashchenko A.V., Burkhovetskii V.V. Structure and Properties of А356-AlCuFe Composite Obtained Using Electromagnetic Agitation. Metallofiz. Noveishie Tekhnol., 2014, vol. 36, no. 9, pp. 1189–1205. DOI: 10.15407/mfint.36.09.1189. (In Russian).
- Brodova I.G., Petrova A.N., Razorenov S.V., Shorohov E.V. Resistance of submicrocrystalline aluminum alloys to high-rate deformation and fracture after dynamic channel angular pressing. The Physics of Metals and Metallography, 2015, vol. 116, iss. 5, pp. 519–526. DOI: 10.1134/S0031918X15050051.
- Kocich R., Fiala J., Szurman I., Macháčková A., Mihola M. Twist-channel angular pressing: effect of the strain path on grain refinement and mechanical properties of copper. Journal of Materials Science, 2011, vol. 46, no. 24, pp. 7865–7876. DOI: 10.1007/s10853-011-5768-1.
- Markushev M.V., Sloboda V.N., Kaibyshev O.A. Method for deformation working of materials and apparatus for performing the same. RF Patent 2146571, 2000. (In Russian).
- Mckenzie P.W.J., Lapovok R. ECAP with back pressure for optimum strength and ductility in aluminium alloy 6016. Part 2: Mechanical properties and texture. Acta Materialia, 2010, vol. 58 (9), pp. 3212–3222. DOI: 10.1016/j.actamat.2010.01.037.
- Medvedev Alexander E., Lapovok Rimma, Koch Eric, Höppel Heinz Werner, Göken Mathias. Optimisation of interface formation by shear inclination: Example of aluminium-copper hybrid produced by ECAP with back-pressure. Materials & Design, 2018, vol. 146, pp. 142–151. DOI: 10.1016/j.matdes.2018.03.021.
- Naizabekov A.B., Andreyashchenko V.A. Evaluation of possibility for increase of mechanical characteristics of the Al–Fe–Si–Mn alloy by equal-channel angular pressing. Metallurgist, 2013, vol. 57, no. 1–2, pp. 159–163. DOI: 10.1007/s11015-013-9706-0.
- Cepeda-Jiménez C.M., García-Infanta J.M., Zhilyaev A.P., Ruano O.A., Carreno F. Influence of the supersaturated silicon solid solution concentration on the effectiveness of severe plastic deformation processing in Al–7wt.% Si casting alloy. Materials Science and Engineering: A, 2011, vol. 528, pp 7938–7947. DOI: 10.1016/j.msea.2011.07.016.
- Mochalov N.A., Galkin A.M., Mochalov S.I., Parfenov D.Yu. Plastometric Studies of Metals. Moscow, Intermet Engineering Publ., 2003, 318 p. (In Russian).
- Cepeda-Jimenez C.M., Orozco-Caballero A., Garcia-Infanta J.M., Zhilyaev A.P., Ruano O.A., Carreno F. Assessment of homogeneity of the shear-strain pattern in Al–7wt%Si casting alloy processed by high-pressure torsion. Materials Science and Engineering A, 2014, vol. 597, pp. 102–110. DOI: 10.1016/j.msea.2013.12.072.
- Andreyachshenko V., Naizabekov A. The technology of equal channel angle backpressure extrusion for deformation iron and aluminium alloys. In: Proceedings Book of 3rd International Conference NANOCON, Czech Republic, Tanger Ltd., 2011, pp. 246–252.
- Naizabekov A., Andreyachshenko V., Kliber J. Forming of microstructure of the Al-Si-Fe-Mn system alloy by equal channel angular pressing with backpressure. In: Proceedings of 21st International Conference on Metallurgy and Materials Metal–2012, Brno Czech Republic, 2012, pp. 391–395.
- Naizabekov A., Andreyachshenko V. Microstructural and mechanical characteristics of the Al-Fe-Si-Mn alloy subjected to equal-channel angular pressing. In: Sbornik trudov X Mezhdunarodnoy konferentsii «Perspektivnye tekhnologii, oborudovanie i analiticheskie sistemy dlya materialovedeniya i nanomaterialov» [Transactions of the 10th International Conference on Advanced Technologies, Equipment and analytical Systems for Materials Science and Nanomaterials]. Almaty, Kazakhstan, 2013, pp. 114–122. (In Russian).