V. S. Teplov, V. D. Bessonov
MICROMAGNETIC MODELING OF MAGNETIZATION AUTORESONANCE IN YIG THIN FILMS WITH INDUCED UNIAXIAL ANISOTROPY
One of the main tasks of both magnonics and physics of nonlinear processes on the search for ways of exciting efficiently magnetic oscillations in solids is discussed. According to the earlier developed theoretical predictions, the MuMax3 software is used to carry out a micromagnetic simulation of a nonlinear effect of strong autoresonance amplifying of the amplitude of magnetic oscillations in yttrium-iron garnet under the action of an external excitation field. It is shown that the efficiency of this autoresonance excitation in thin films of ferrimagnetic yttrium-iron garnet non-linearly depends on the power of the exciting field and the rate of change (scanning) of the exciting frequency. Both the rate of change and power of the exciting frequency are estimated with the aim of direct experimental observation of the autoresonance effect, in view of the real parameters of the yttrium-iron garnet film at room temperature.
Acknowledgements: We are grateful to Dr. S. V. Batalov and Dr. A. V. Telegin for their assistance in the preparation of the paper.
The work was performed within the state assignment from FASO Russia on the subject of Spin, No. AAAA-A18-118020290104-2, and partially supported by megagrant No. 14.Z50.31.0025 and grant No. MK-4959.2018.2 from the President of Russia for young scientists.
Keywords: autoresonance, spin waves, spin dynamics, micromagnetic simulation, YIG
1. Demidov V.E., Kostylev M.P., Rott K., Krzysteczko P., Reiss G., Demokritov S.O. Excitation of microwave guide modes by a stripe antenna. Applied Physics Letters, 2009, vol. 95, no. 11, pp. 112509. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1063/1.3231875.
2. Kajiwara Y., Harii K., Takahashi S., Ohe J., Uchida K., Mizuguchi M., Umezawa H., Kawai H., Ando K., Takanashi K., Maekawa S., Saitoh E. Transmission of electrical signal by spin-waves interconversion in a magnetic insulator. Nature, 2010, vol. 464, pp. 262–266. DOI: 10.1038/nature08876.
3. Batalov S.V., Shagalov A.G. Autoresonance control of a magnetization soliton. The Physics of Metals and Metallography, 2010, vol. 109, no. 1, pp. 1–6. DOI: 10.1134/S0031918X10010011.
4. Batalov S.V., Shagalov A.G. Resonance control of solitons of spin waves. The Physics of Metals and Metallography, 2013, vol. 114, no. 10, pp. 826–832. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1134/S0031918X13100025.
5. Shamsutdinov M.A., Kalyakin L.A., Kharisov A.T. Autoresonance in a ferromagnetic film. Technical Physics, 2010, vol. 55, no. 6, pp. 860–865. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1134/S1063784210060198.
6. Vansteenkiste A., Leliaert J., Dvornik M., Helsen M., Garcia-Sanchez F. The design and verification of MuMax3. In: AIP Advances, 2014, vol. 4, pp. 107133. DOI: 10.1063/1.4899186.
7. Bokov V.A. Fizika magnetikov [Physics of Magnetics]. Nevskiy Dialekt Publ., 2002, 143 p. (In Russian).
8. Hurben M.J., Patton C. Theory of magnetostatic waves for in-plane magnetized anisotropic films. Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, 1996, vol. 163, pp. 39–69. DOI: 10.1016/0304-8853(95)90006-3.
Teplov V. S., Bessonov V. D. Micromagnetic Modeling of Magnetization Autoresonance in Yig Thin Films with Induced Uniaxial Anisotropy [Electronic resource]
// Diagnostics, Resource and Mechanics of materials and structures. -
2018. - Iss. 6. - P. 222-228. -
DOI: 10.17804/2410-9908.2018.6.222-228. -