N. B. Pugacheva, T. M. Bykova, E. B. Trushina, I. Yu. Malygina
THE STRUCTURAL STATE AND PROPERTIES OF A DEPOSITED COATING FOR AN INTERNAL COMBUSTION ENGINE VALVE
The microstructure and properties of a welded Co-based wear-resistant coating on the facet of an internal combustion engine valve are investigated. It is shown that the structure of the deposited coating has a eutectic structure and that it is a γ-Co-based solid solution with hardening carbide and silicide phases. The microstructure of the diffusion layer on the coating–substrate boundary is an α-Fe- and γ-Co-based solid solution with carbides and silicides of chromium. In this paper, a method of instrumental microindentation is used to study the micromechanical properties of the deposited coating. High values of microhardness, elastic modulus, and creep increase the ability of the surface layer to resist mechanical action.
Acknowledgements: The research was conducted within the state assignment of FASO Russia, theme No. АААА-А18-118020790145-0 (the materials studied) and UB RAS project No. 18-10-1-40 (development of methods for microindentation and phase X-ray diffraction analysis of different coating zones. The equipment of the Plastometriya collective use center, IES UB RAS, was used.
Keywords: plasma surfacing, coating, microhardness, microstructure, phases, eutectics, indentation
1. Ryabtsev I.A., Kuskov I.M. Materials and energy-saving technologies of surfacing for restoration and manufacturing of machine parts and mechanisms Automatic welding, 2007, no. 3, pp .21-26 (In Russia).
2. Muktepavel V.O., Khatskin K.E. Plasma surfacing of the sealing surface of the exhaust valve of the diesel engine Welding production, 1989, no. 4,pp.27 (In Russia).
3. Gladky P.V. Plasma surfacing [Еco technology], Kiev, 2007, pp. 292.
4. Perepletchikov E.F., Ryabtsev I.A. Plasma-powder surfacing of parts of shut-off valves of various purposes Production technology, 2007, no. 49, pp.57 – 61.
5. Gayamov A.M., Budinovsky S.A., Muboyadzhan S.A., Kosmin A.A. Choosing a heatresistant coating for the VZhM4 high-temperature rhenium-ruthenium-containing nickel alloy. Trudy "VIAM", 2014, no. 1. (In Russian). URL: http://viamworks.ru/plugins/content/journal/uploads/articles/pdf/639.pdf.
6. Budinovsky S.A., Muboyadzhan S.A., Gayamov A.M., Matveev P.V. Development of ion plasma heat-resistant metal layers of thermal barrier coatings for cooled turbine rotor blades. Metallovedenie i termicheskaya obrabotka metallov, 2013, no. 12, pp. 16–21. (In Russian).
7. Makarov A.V., Gorkunov E.S., Malygina I.Yu., Kogan L.Kh., Savrai R.A., Osintseva A.L. Eddy-current testing of the hardness, wear resistance and thickness of coatings prepared by gaspowder laser cladding. Russian Journal of Nondestructive Testing, 2009, vol. 45, iss. 11, pp 797–805.
8. Zikin A., Badisch E., Hussainova I., Tomastik C., Danninger H. Characterisation of TiC— NiMo reinforced Ni-based hardfacing. Surface and Coatings Technology, 2013, vol. 236, pp. 36–44.
9. Mendez P.F., Barnes N., Bell K., Borle S.D., Gajapathi S.S., Guest S.D., Izadi H., Gol A.K., Wood G. Welding processes for wear resistant overlays. Journal of Manufacturing Processes, 2014, vol. 16, pp. 4–25