I. V. Blinov
EFFECT OF HEAT TREATMENT ON THE PHASE COMPOSITION AND MAGNETIC PROPERTIES OF SINGLE-LAYER NANOSTRUCTURES (NI80FE20)0,6MN0,4
The influence of heat treatment on the phase composition and magnetic properties of single-layer Ni-Fe-Mn films are investigated. Samples of (Ni80Fe20)60Mn40(50nm)/Ta (5nm) were prepared by direct current magnetron sputtering on glass substrates. It is shown that annealing leads to a phase separation of the fcc solid solution of Ni-Fe-Mn on permalloy and manganese. In annealed samples, when the sample is cooled in a magnetic field, unidirectional anisotropy is formed due to the exchange interaction of the ferromagnetic regions of Ni80Fe20 and the antiferromagnetic regions of Mn. The exchange bias of the magnetic hysteresis loop is Hex = 317 Oe.
Acknowledgements: The work was done within the frame of the state assignment on the subject “Spin”, No. АААА-А18-118020290104-2, and project No. 18-10-2-37 of the UB RAS Program. Magnetic measurements were made on the equipment of the magnetic measurement department of the Test Center of Nanotechnologies and Advanced Materials collective use center; X-ray studies were conducted in the X-ray analysis department of the TC NAM collective use center.
Keywords: phase separation, Ni-Fe-Mn alloy, permalloy, manganese, unidirectional anisotropy
- Ennen I., Kappe D., Rempel T., Glenske C., Hütten A. Giant Magnetoresistance: Basic Concepts, Microstructure, Magnetic Interactions and Applications. Sensors, 2016, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 904. DOI: 10.3390/s16060904.
- Freitas P.P., Ferreira R., Cardoso S., Cardoso F. Magnetoresistive sensors. J. Phys.: Condens. Matt., 2007, vol. 19, no. 16, pp. 165221-1–21. DOI: 10.1088/0953-8984/19/16/165221.
- Coehoorn R. Giant Magnetoresistance and Magnetic Interactions in Exchange-Biased Spin Valves: Handbook of magnetic materials, ed. by K.H.J. Buschow, Amsterdam, Elsevier B.V., 2003, vol. 15, pp. 1–199.
- Nogues J., Schuller I.K. J. Magn. Magn. Mat., 1999, vol.192, pp. 203–232. DOI: 10.1016/S0304-8853(98)00266-2.
- Men’shikov A.Z., Kazantsev V.A., Kuz’min N.N. Amorphous magnetism in iron-nickel manganese alloys. Pis’ma v JETP, 1976, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 6–10. (In Russian).
- Blinov I.V., Krinitsyna T.P., Korolev A.V., Matveev S.A., Arkhipova N.K., Milyaev M.A., Popov V.V., Ustinov V.V. Formation of Ordered NiFeMn Antiferromagnetic Phase in Permalloy/Manganese Bilayers in the Course of Thermomagnetic Treatment. Physics of Metals and Metallography, 2014, vol. 115, pp. 335–341. DOI: 10.1134/S0031918X14040036.
- Blinov I.V., Krinitsina T.P., Milyaev M.A., Popov V.V., Ustinov V.V. Unidirectional Anisotropy In Nanostructures With Antiferromagnetic NiFeMn Layer. Sol. Stat. Phenomena, 2015, vol. 233–234, pp. 517–521. DOI: 10.4028/www.scientific.net/SSP.233-234.517.
- Yoon C.S., Kim S.J., Kim C.R. Structure and magnetic properties of termally annealed (Ni80Fe20)1-xMnx thin films. J. Appl. Phys., 2003, vol. 94, no. 1, pp. 539–543. DOI: 10.1063/1.1583151.
- Kim S.J., Lim D.H., Kim Suk Jun, Chong S., Yoon C.S., and Chang K. Magnetic properties of Phase-Separated (Ni80Fe20)1-xMnx Thin Magnetic Films. IEEE Trans. Magn., 2003, vol. 39, no. 5, pp. 2690–2692. DOI: 10.1109/TMAG.2003.815561.
- Peng Xilin, Morrone Augusto, Nikolaev Konstantin, Kief Mark, Ostrowski Mark. Effect of material selection and background impurity on interface property and resulted CIP-GMR performance. Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, 2009, vol. 321, pp. 2902–2910. DOI: 10.1016/j.jmmm.20 09.0 4.047.