V. V. Nazarov, A. R. Lepeshkin
A METHOD FOR CALCULATING CREEP LIMITS
The paper reports a method for calculating creep limits. It presents results of the processing of experimental data obtained by different scientists on creep rupture under uniaxial tension. As a time approximation at the moment of fracture, a fractional power-law dependence with four material parameters is used, two of the parameters having a physical meaning of creep limits. The material parameters of the materials are computed from the condition of the minimum total discrepancies of the approximating values relative to the corresponding experimental data.
Acknowledgments: This work was supported by RFBR (projects: 16-08-00014, 17-08-01218).
Keywords: creep rupture, uniaxial tension, creep limit, ultimate short-term strength
- Nazarov V.V. The creep rupture criterion for tube samples under tension and torsion. Zavodskaya laboratoriya. Diagnostika materialov, 2014, no. 12, pp. 57–59. (In Russian).
- Shesterikov S.A., Yumasheva M.A. Specification of the equation of state in the theory of creep. Mech. Solids, 1984, no. 1, pp. 86–92. (In Russian).
- Dyson B.F., McLean D. Creep of Nimonic 80A in torsion and tension. Met. Sci., 1977, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 37–45. DOI: 10.1179/msc.1918.104.22.168.
- Brown R.J., Lonsdale D., Flewitt P.E.J. The role of stress state on the creep rupture of 1%Cr1/2%Mo and 12%Cr1%MoVW tube steels. In: Proc. of International Conference on Creep and Fracture of Engineering Materials and Structures (CFEMS1), Swansea, 24–27 March 1981, Pineridge Press, Swansea U.K., pp. 545–558.
- Cane B.J. Creep damage accumulation and fracture under multiaxial stresses. In: Advances in Fracture Research: Proceedings of International Conference on Fracture (ICF5), Cannes, 1981, Pergamon Press, Oxford, United Kingdom, 1982, vol. 3, pp. 1285–1293.
- Mozharovskaya T.N. Stress-rupture strength and creep criteria for metallic materials with a complex stressed state. Strength of Materials, 1988, vol. 20, iss. 2, pp. 201–205. DOI: 10.1007/BF01522924.
- Nazarov V.V. Short–term creep of the VT5 and VT6 titanium alloys at high temperature. Zavodskaya laboratoriya. Diagnostika materialov, 2015, no. 6, pp. 57–60. (In Russian).
Nazarov V. V., Lepeshkin A. R. A Method for Calculating Creep Limits // Diagnostics, Resource and Mechanics of materials and structures. -
2017. - Iss. 1. - P. 36-42. -
DOI: 10.17804/2410-9908.2017.1.036-042. -