N. M. Shkatulyak, E. A. Dragomeretskaya, V. V. Usov, M. D. Rabkina, A. L. Palienko
TEXTURE AND COERCIVE FORCE OF THE METAL OF FURNACE TUBE COILS
The crystallographic texture of the metal of tubular samples carved from furnace coils, involved in the processing of oil after various periods of operation, was studied by X-ray diffraction by means of constructing inverse pole figures. The texture of the 15Kh5M ferritic chromium-molybdenum steel and the 08Kh18N10T austenitic chromium-nickel steel was studied in the normal direction (ND) to the surface of the tubes, in the rolling direction (RD) coinciding with the tube axis and in the transverse direction (TD) coinciding with the tangential (circumferential) direction of the tubes. The coercive force was measured in the axial and circumferential directions. The coercive force in RD exceeds its value in TD. This difference is due to crystal magnetic anisotropy caused by the crystallographic texture. Although the X-ray phase analysis of the tubular samples of the furnace coils made of the 08Kh18N10T stainless steel has not revealed the presence of the ferromagnetic phase, there is anisotropy of the coercive force. Possible reasons for the phenomenon are discussed.
Keywords: furnace coil, crystallographic texture, coercive force, crystal magnetic anisotropy
- Kurc-Lisiecka A., Ozgowicz W., Ratuszek W., Chruściel K. Texture and structure evolution during cold rolling of austenitic stainless steel. Journal of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering, 2012, vol. 52, iss. 1, pp. 22–30.
- Usov V.V., Shkatulyak N.M., Girenko V.S., Rabkina M.D., Bernatsky A.V., Musienko A.P., Shcherbakov O.N. Effect of crystallographic texture on the tendency to brittle fracture of layered low-alloy low-pearlitic steels. Izv. Acad. Nauk SSSR. Metally, 1990, no. 1, pp. 120–125. (In Russian).
- Lyakishev N.P., Shamrai V.F., Egiz I.V., Efron L.I., Izotov V.I., Matrosov Yu.I. Crystallographic texture and mechanical properties of the steel sheet. Metally, 2003, iss. 4, pp. 93–100. (In Russian).
- Gorkunov E.S., Savrai R.A., Makarov A.V, Zadvorkin S.M. Magnetic techniques for estimating elastic and plastic strains in steels under cyclic loading. Diagnostics, Resource and Mechanics of materials and structures, 2015, iss. 2, pp. 6–15. DOI: 10.17804/2410-9908.2015.2.006-015. Available at: http://dream-journal.org
- Lobanov L.M., Nekhotyashchy V.A., Rabkina M.D., Usov V.V., Shkatulyak N.M., Tkachuk E.N. Anisotropy of the coercive force and texture of deformed steel. Deformatsiya i razrushenie materialov, 2010, no. 10, pp. 19–24. (In Russian).
- Kuzeev I.R., Tukaeva R.B., Bayazitov M.I., Abyzgildina S.S. Osnovnoye oborudovaniye tekhnologicheskikh ustanovok NPZ [The Main Equipment of the Refinery Process Units]. Ufa, UGNTU Publ., 2013, 129 p. (In Russian).
- Vishnyakov Ya.D., Babareko A.A., Vladimirov S.A., Egiz I.V. Teoriya obrazovaniya tekstur v metallakh i splavakh [The Theory of the Formation of Textures in Metals and Alloys]. M., Nauka Publ., 1979, 343 p. (In Russian).
- Danilov S.V., Kalinin A.A. The texture of hot-rolled anisotropic electrical steel. XV Mezhdunarodnaya nauchno-tekhnicheskaya uralskaya shkola-seminar metallovedov–molodykh uchenykh. Ekaterinburg, URFU Publ., 2014, pp. 293–295. (In Russian). Available at: http://hdl.handle.net/10995/29761
- Canova G.R., Kockss U.F., Jonas J.J. Theory of torsion texture development. Acta Metallurgica, 1984, vol. 32, iss. 2, pp. 211-226. DOI: 10.1016/0001-6160(84)90050-6.
- Svarka metalla [Manufacturing technology of seamless pipes]. (In Russian). Available at: http://www.tehnoarticles.ru/svarkametalla/14.html
- Preobrazhensky A.A., Bishard E.G. Magnitnyye materialy i elementy [Magnetic Materials and Elements]. M.,Vysshaya Shkola Publ., 1986, 352 p. (In Russian).
- Cayron C. One-step model of the face-centred-cubic to bodycentred-cubic martensitic transformation. Acta Crystallographica Section A: Foundations of Crystallography, 2013, vol. 69, iss. 5, pp. 498-509. DOI: 10.1107/S0108767313019016.