D. I. Davydov, S. V. Afanasiev, V. P. Pilyugin, D. A. Shishkin, P. B. Terent'ev
STRUCTURE AND MAGNETIC PROPERTIES OF A NICKEL-BASED SUPERALLOY AFTER DEFORMATION
The structure and magnetic properties of ChS-70 nickel-based superalloy samples have been compared after different types of deformation. The different behavior of the magnetic properties is governed by the difference in the structure resulting from deformation. High-temperature tensile tests and shear deformation under high pressure have been performed for ChS-70 alloy samples. Samples cut from different parts of a turbine blade after operation under forced conditions have been examined. The deformation of the Chs-70 alloy under operation increases magnetic susceptibility, which is due to the formation of complex defects of the crystalline structure inside the intermetallic particles (Ni3Al). Dynamical recovery during the high-temperature tensile tests leads to relaxation, elimination of crystal lattice defects, and the magnetic properties remain unchanged. Shear under high pressure causes a nanocrystalline structure in the alloy, a significant decrease in the degree of the long-range order in the intermetallic phase and the preservation of the paramagnetic state.
Keywords: structure, deformation, magnetic properties, stacking faults, nickel-based alloy
- Stoloff N.S. Physical and mechanical metallurgy of Ni3Al and its alloys. International Materials Reviews, 1989, vol. 34, iss. 4, pp. 153–183.
- Deryagin A.I., Zavalishin V.A., Saragadze V.V., Efros B.M. Formation of nanosized ferro-magnetic phases during plastic deformation and subsequent annealing of stable austenitic steels. Russian Journal of Nondestructive Testing, 2007, vol. 43, iss. 7, pp. 427–435. DOI: 10.1134/S1061830907070029.
- Rhee Joo Yull, Kudryavtsev Y.V., Lee Y.P. Optical, magneto-optical, and magnetic properties of stoichiometric and off-stoichiometric γ’-phase Ni3Al alloys. Physical Review B, 2003, vol. 68, iss. 4, pp. 045104-1–045104-8. DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevB.68.045104.
- Idzikowski Bogdan, Kudryavtsev Yuri V., Hyun Young-Hoon, Lee Young-Pak, Klenke Jens. Magnetic effects of structural disorder in the itinerant ferromagnet Ni3Al studied by magnetic and neutron methods on stoichiometric and off-stoichiometric samples. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 2006, vol. 423, iss. 1–2, pp. 267–273. DOI: 10.1016/j.jallcom.2006.01.088.
- Zeng Q., Baker I. The effect of local versus bulk disorder on the magnetic behavior of stoichiometric Ni3Al. Intermetallics, 2007, vol. 15, iss. 3, pp. 419–427. DOI: 10.1016/j.intermet.2006.08.010.
- Umakoshi Y., Hiroyuki Y., Toshifumi Y. Quantitative analysis of γ (gamma) precipitate in cyclically deformed Ni3(Al, Ti) single crystals using magnetic technique. Proc. MRS Fall Meeting, November 28–December 3, 2004, Boston, USA, 2004, vol. 842, pp. 2.3.1–2.3.6.
- Stepanova N.N., Davydov D.I., Nichipuruk A.P., Rigmant M.B., Kazantseva N.V., Vinogradova N.I., Pirogov A.N., Romanov E.P. The structure and magnetic properties of a heat-resistant nickel-base alloy after a high-temperature deformation. The Physics of Metals and Metallography, 2011, vol. 112, no. 3, pp. 309–317. DOI: 10.1134/S0031918X11030288.
- Ray A.K., Singh S.R., Swaminathan J., Roy P.K., Tiwari Y.N., Bose S.C., Ghosh R.N. Structure property correlation study of a service exposed first stage turbine blade in a power plant. Materials Science and Engineering: A, 2006, vol. 419, iss. 1–2, pp. 225–232. DOI: 10.1016/j.msea.2005.12.030.
- Levit V.I., Smirnov M.A. Vysokotemperaturnaya termomekhanicheskaya obrabotka austenitnykh stalei i splavov [High-Temperature Thermomechanical Treatment of Austenitic Steels and Alloys]. Chelyabinsk, CHGTU Publ., 1995, 276 p. (In Russian).
- Skudnov V.A., Tarasenko Yu.P., Berdnik О.В. Selection of optimal operating temperature for ChS70-VI and ChS88U-VI nickel-based alloys in terms of synergetics. Tekhnologiya metallov, 2008, no. 12, pp. 16–20. (In Russian).
- Korznikov A.V., Tram G., Dimitrov O., Korznikova G.F., Idrisova S.R., Pakiela Z. The mechanism of nanocrystalline structure formation in Ni3Al during severe plastic deformation. Acta Materialia, 2001, vol. 49, iss. 4, pp. 663–671. DOI: 10.1016/S1359-6454(00)00345-1.
- Tyumentsev A.N., Tretyak M.V., Pinzhin Yu.P., Korotaev A.D., Valiev R.Z. Evolution of defect substructure in the Ni3Al alloy in the course of severe plastic deformation by torsion under pressure. Fizika Metallov i Metallovedenie, 2000, vol. 90, iss. 5, pp. 44–54. (In Russian).
- Kazantseva N.V., Pilyugin V.P., Zavalishin V.A., Stepanova N.N. Effect of a nanosized state on the magnetic properties of Ni3(Al, Fe) and Ni3(Al, Со). The Physics of Metals and Metallography, 2014, vol. 115, iss. 3, pp. 243–247. DOI: 10.1134/S0031918X1403005.